#30106 05/25/01 02:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EPGAWMSIMWINFK.

Excepting, perhaps, gross ayleurism, we make sense in mincing words if [and only if] not forsaking kontext?

and in the absence of said context, would you care to fill in the blanks??

#30107 05/25/01 02:31 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
If I Tell You, Buy Me A Beer?

No, wait, that's something else.

Ein paar gängige Abkürzung, wie man sie immer mal wieder im Netz finden kann.

#30108 05/25/01 02:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ein paar gängige Abkürzung, wie man sie immer mal wieder im Netz finden kann.

Gee, faldage, what an amazing coincidence. that was my next guess.

#30109 05/25/01 02:43 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B96 tells us that Ein paar gängige Abkürzung, wie man sie immer mal wieder im Netz finden kann was her next guess

As well it might have been, since it came from her link.

enthusiast
enthusiast
C.K., you reminded me of a question I've had: should I be "logging out" (off)? I always just close the window.

I don't think that it matters whether you log out or not. The Who's Online box says that it only shows users who have been active in the last ten minutes.
I often don't log out myself. It's easier to just jump back in than to take 5 whole seconds to log in when I arrive.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I am one of those that went invisible for a couple of reasons... the most important of which is that I found that the difference saves me time by eliminating PM's from those that would turn this board into a chat room

Oh. Now I'm depressed. I'm sorry if I bothered you. I'll try to respond only.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Jackie - how could you possibly think I was referring to you? Does this mean you would like this to be a chat room? I haven't got that chatty fLavOr from you, yet, but.

If you log out you remove yourself from the online list immediately (ie. without waiting through ten minutes of purgatory) and dodge people like me who would think you're still there to be responded to.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
If you log out you remove yourself from the online list immediately (ie. without waiting through ten minutes of purgatory) and dodge people like me who would think you're still there to be responded to.

Thank you. It has sometimes happened that, within a few minutes of closing my AWADtalk window, I'll get notified of a private message; and of course I can't STAND ignoring it,
and have to open it back up.

No, I don't think this is a chat room, but...I have been known to pounce upon you, sweet musick! [licking lips e]

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
>chat room

in the past, some strangers have tried to use it as such. this has usually generated some tetchy threads in I&A. (is this covered in the 'hints' thread?)

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Have peeked at the Who's Online occasionally out of curiosity, but never deemed it to be of any importance one way or the other...always interesting when others are sharing the space, though! As you've all probably noticed I've "gone invisible" for awhile only because I found the 3 discussion boards I frequent (the eMule.com Poetry Archives Forum, the VH1.com music messageboards, and this) were taking almost all my time...I can't imagine myself in a chat room! So I have to catch my breath for awhile, since I have no other computer savvy to speak of! And that Neanderthal thread really gave me quite a run for my money!..It was fun! But since I inaugurated the thread I felt responsible for responding...as with any sporadic post. In short, I could move in and live here!...I love this stuff!
And I have a few other ideas (including one I discussed with Jackie), but I've got to hold off for a little while. And, evidently, from the discussion on this thread, there are nuances of this board I haven't learned yet...which is just as well, or I could never pull myself away! And I'd wind-up bogarting the board! Seemed like a good thread to let everybody know I'm still here...for the duration!!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,374
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 198 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,562
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,919
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith