Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#23686 03/21/01 07:50 PM
old hand
old hand
Hey, Fiberbabe, you're an Observer!

You like television. That may be, but not that way. At parties, you lounge around on couches and watch other people flirt and act stupid. But at the same time, you're happy enough to go along with the group. OK, I'll give you that. You don't like drawing attention to yourself — red platform shoes or flamboyant, sequined outfits are out of the question. Then how do you explain this Carmen Miranda headdress I'm currently sporting? Hmmmm? A perfect evening for you means a cozy chat with a good friend and a pint of Haagen-Dazs. I prefer Ben & Jerry's. Gotcha.

Like all mellow folks, you're not too into serious soul mining. You'd rather just relax than freak out about yourself. But at the same time, you recognize that understanding your inner nature can help you further develop your sense of intuition, discover parts of yourself that remain below the surface, and learn how to better communicate with others. And that's cool, right? Whatever. I'm not gonna freak out about it.

At work, you're a team player, but chances are you aren't clamoring for that big promotion. Right. I just got the big promotion. Why worry? Where to go for lunch is enough of a decision for you. Um... about that... You work best under a routine, which explains why I go to the SAME PLACE for lunch every day! Weren't you listening to what you just said? and you avoid challenges that require too much improvisation. Like my improv class?

Hmmph. I liked their "What Breed of Dog Are You?" test better...

#23687 03/21/01 10:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, bridget, you're a Chosen One!

Wherever you go, you leave a trail of rose petals in your wake. well, i *do* love wakeboarding You may even have been Gandhi in a former life which explains why i'm always barefoot. Warm, giving, knowing, and patient, people try to get mad at you, but they feel terrible about it later. with the notable exception of my husband, who easily overcomes this obstacle As a child, you easily could have convinced your entire class to stage a sit-in against the math teacher, but you're too sweet. that's me.. sugar and spice Perky and armed with tons of self-confidence, you're not afraid to actively pursue your goals and dreams. yes, i'll be sure to let you all know when britney picks me for her backup dance squad

As if all that weren't enough, you pretty much set the standard for emotional health. You practically ooze positive feelings and energy. You don't worry about minor faults faults? i have faults? but recognize both your strengths and weaknesses. Your generally upbeat mood means it takes a lot to really bring you downmuch to the chagrin of the world's doomsayers, who simply think i'm immature. And you're no fair-weather friend. You care about people, and you see them through the good times and bad. yes, i think both of my friends would agree to this

At work, you're very reliable and responsibleso why, then, have i been fired from every job i've ever had, including the time i married the boss?. You bring in baked goods for your co-workers and always return phone calls (even to telemarketers)oh, dear...that's minus a gazillion points. i never, *ever* answer the phone. ever.. You'd be a great person in an emergency. Plus, you're really excited about your work (go, team!)that's Go CARDINAL to you, bub, and your personal commitment to finishing what you start means you're a great leader. So get out there and do the world some good mmhmm...riiiiiight

#23688 03/22/01 02:44 AM
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
For you Mav I shall wait till the sun sets in its final rest and the earth slows to a standstill...or until you finally arrive.

(oh the variations of arrive I could use here...bite my tongue, bite my tongue, behave, behave)

#23689 03/22/01 07:42 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Mav and I have something in common ... no parachute!

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
#23690 03/22/01 02:47 PM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
>>> variations of arrive...bite my tongue

Are you threatening to dent my pride?

parachute

Hey, CK - I thought you said you had packed it...?!

#23691 03/22/01 04:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"oh the variations of arrive I could use here...bite my tongue, bite my tongue, behave, behave)

ah, sweet Bel.... Faldage has already (unwittingly, i'm sure) done the honors, in the thread you mention)

#23692 03/22/01 08:14 PM
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
I have it on good authority (and no I will blab) that Mav never "arrives" anywhere prematurely

Your pride shall not be dented by me, says she, swooning.

#23693 03/22/01 11:10 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I have it on good authority (and no I will blab) that Mav never "arrives" anywhere prematurely

Your pride shall not be dented by me, says she, swooning.

Bel, I can't believe you told on me! I shall magnanimously grant you your swooning time now, ma chérie--mav and I parted this afternoon with big grins on both our faces...

#23694 03/23/01 06:30 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Hey, CK - I thought you said you had packed it...?!

Packed what? Geez, you're a hopeless loser, you said you were doing it. But then again, given the speed with which the ground's rushing up, so am I. Hey, I've got a neat idea. Lend me your handkerchief! You won't need it after the next few seconds anyway ...

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
#23695 03/23/01 02:41 PM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
Lend me your handkerchief!

This is no time for that sort of thing, CK!

Ah - lucky we're over water - time for some skinny dipping

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,344
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 782 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,546
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,918
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith