Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#23676 03/20/01 12:40 AM
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
Well, as long as we are discussing personality profiles, here's another one which has possibilities.

To participate, go to www.emode.com and sign up. Take emode's Ultimate Personality Test, and then the test will give you a prepackaged personality profile. Here's the cool part: once you've taken the test, we can compare results. The program will compare the personality types and assess compatibility in the categories of friendship, love, work and enemy.

The only hitch is, to compare results, you have to have the email address of the other person. I suggest that we send them by private message to fellow participants.

Here's my profile as determined by emode:

Millionaire!

You idolize Donald Trump. You aim to succeed — and you'll quickly crush anyone who stands in your way. You want money. You want fame. You want that big corner office. Your closet is brimming with red power suits. You know how to impress people, and you know how to have a good time.

You're very ambitious and personable, and you've got a great sense of humor. You care a lot about how you look. You're bursting with self-confidence, and people admire you for your achievements and determination. Behind that bold exterior, though, you sometimes worry that you're not good enough. But, hey, don't we all?

Professionally, you're extremely motivated. But you can be so critical of your work that it may be self-destructive. Nevertheless, people generally know that you're a solid, reliable person who can perform under pressure. After all, you read Forbes and follow proven strategies for success.

I question the accuracy of the first paragraph, but the others are pretty close.

#23677 03/20/01 10:34 AM
old hand
old hand
My results. My comments in green

Hey, Ravi, you're a Lethal Weapon!Right. And Mel Gibson made a great Hamlet...

You're smart, slick, and fast.When? Where? Did that period go by me too quickly? You break rules.Excuse me. I'm British. We always stay in queues. You start trends. MTV wants to interview you.I knew I needed to get my voicemail fixed - I've been missing out You love loud, obnoxious parties where you can let it all hang out.Beer belly first off! No structure, please. You hate routine and boring, predictable people. You get cabin fever if you're cooped up too long — say, five minutes or so. But you adapt to new situations as smooth as butter.Are the situations smooth or am I? Well, maybe chunky peanut butter.

You're open-minded, enthusiastic, and popular with both people and pets.Now if only someone had told that to Mehul's dog who bit me on the ers... Sure, you had bad hair in high school, but now you've got style. Everyone wants to be your friend. They buy you drinks and give you nicknames. But at home, late at night with the shades pulled down, you secretly question your self-worth, wondering if you're really all you're cracked up to be.I'm not ashamed - I do it in public. I'm the inventor of the classic chat-up line: "My id doesn't understand me". So there. Then you go to bed.

You hate seeing the same old faces at work day after day. But at the same time, you're a great leader among them. You're motivated and serious, and you always jump at the chance to take on a new project. Innovation and abstract thinking are your strengths. But sometimes you'd rather just work on an independent project so you can do your stuff without having to deal with people.If I'm so great, how come I'm not richer than Bill gates yet?

Great fun on the whole, Sparteye, but I'd be very doubtful about its acuracy.

cheer

the sunshine warrior

#23678 03/20/01 11:57 AM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
doubtful about its acuracy

How so? - it's published, so it must be true!

Hey, Maverick, you're a Skydiver!
You're a free-spirited, independent, action-crazed lunatic. You love movies with sex and violence, and you drive like a maniac. "Anything for a good time," is your motto, even if that means dancing half-dressed on some booze-slicked bar. ... You're open and extroverted, and chances are you're pretty liberal (ever thought of giving nudism a try?). Plus, you can work a crowd, baby...

They read my soul

#23679 03/20/01 12:09 PM
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
I'm so suspicious of these quizzes in consumer media sources (read: advertising- or sales-driven). Do they tell you what your personality actually is, or do they play on what they've discovered your personality is to try to convince you of what they want it to be? "Spend more! Here's how, and why!"

I dunno. Am I becoming paranoid?

#23680 03/20/01 12:13 PM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
Am I becoming paranoid?

"How lonk haff you velt like this? Please, make yourself komfortable on ze couch (do you haff Amerigan Express?)..."

#23681 03/20/01 09:29 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Lisa Simpson - "But dad, I read it on a placemat at a restaurant."

Homer Simpson - "You did? Now I don't know what to think..."(biting his nails)

#23682 03/20/01 11:35 PM
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
Heyyyy, me too Mav. Care for a little skinny dippin?

#23683 03/21/01 03:32 AM
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
I, apparently am a critic.

You're complex and thoughtful. You look beneath the surface. You're good at chess (or would be if you played) I am hopeless at chess as my spatial sense is somewhat warped . Pondering deep thoughts sounds better to you than going out on the town. But you can be so critical and introspective that even positive qualities can seem like faults. The truth is that you have a very perceptive, gentle spirit. I have all the social skills of Darth Vader on one of his off days

You carry quite a few burdens on those little shoulders of yours. Sometimes the world seems so gloomy that you just want to crawl up in your cozy bed and sleep it off. That shy nature of yours means you like to be alone watching romantic comedies, preferably ones starring Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts. As far as I know there is only one that stars the two of them and it wasn't that good anyway. Chances are you hate arguing and other tense situations, which can leave you feeling helpless and confused. But there's a part deep inside you that's aching to make some serious bucks. You just need to figure how to go out and grab it. All suggestions welcome

You hate chaos at work and prefer a structured environment. You avoid co-workers who talk loudly or brandish sharp objects. Best thing to do with anyone brandishing sharp objects, I would have thought.Sometimes you feel undervalued by your boss, but everyone notices your motivation and talent. You wish you dressed snappier. Not if it means spending time and money on it I don't But you're an original thinker, and people will respect your judgments once they get to know you.

Bingley

Bingley
#23684 03/21/01 03:58 AM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
I, apparently, am Bingley:

Hey, Max, you're a Critic!

You're complex and thoughtful. You look beneath the surface My desk has a surface?I haven't seen it in months. You're good at chessThe term "fool's mate" was coined with me in mind (or would be if you played). Pondering deep thoughtsi.e., where'd I leave the corn chips? sounds better to you than going out on the town. But you can be so critical and introspective that even positive qualities can seem like faults. The truth is that you have a very perceptive, gentle spirit. Perceptive? Moi? Not likely!

You carry quite a few burdens on those little shoulders of yours. Sometimes the world seems so gloomy that you just want to crawl up in your cozy bed and sleep it off.Gee, that sounds so much better than, "you're a bone idle, hopelessly lazy SOB" That shy nature of yours means you like to be alone watching romantic comedies, preferably ones starring Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts. Well, I do like The Notting Hillbillies, does that count?Chances are you hate arguing and other tense situations, which can leave you feeling helpless and confused Score 1, they make me physically ill.
You hate chaos at work and prefer a structured environment. Score 2,
You avoid co-workers who talk loudly or brandish sharp objects. Sometimes you feel undervalued by your boss, but everyone notices your motivation and talent. Ha!! Motivation is the one thing I have even less of than talent, Score -1 zillion

#23685 03/21/01 11:17 AM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
Care for a little skinny dippin?

Name the sea, sister! (but I may be a little late - will you have gone?)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,345
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 718 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,547
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,918
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith