|About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us|
Register Log In Wordsmith.org Forums Miscellany A Miscellany of Oddities Forums Calendar Active Threads Search Forum Help
A Miscellany of Oddities #222977
11/24/15 04:32 AM 11/24/15 04:32 AM
Joined: Oct 2010
London, UK A C Bowden OP
1. It is bad to have a temper, but equally bad to lose it.
2. In a dangerous situation you need to show nerve, not nerves.
3. In the UK a moot point is arguable; in the US it is not worth arguing about.
4. An ordinary person is being philosophical by not dwelling on life's difficulties; a philosopher is being philosophical by dwelling on them.
5. We should be sanguine about resolving political disputes – not sanguinary.
6. We should take pride in our achievements, but pride comes before a fall.
7. The Devil is our enemy, but Jesus told us to love our enemies.
8. It is a black day when you go into the red, but a red-letter day when you go into the black.
9. To be quite surprised is to be only moderately surprised, but to be quite amazed is to be extremely amazed.
10. A sharp denial is much the same as a blunt denial.
11. If you can't have your cake and eat it, there's no point in having it.
12. "Twelve and one" is an anagram of "eleven and two".
Re: A Miscellany of Oddities [Re: A C Bowden] #222985
11/24/15 05:37 PM 11/24/15 05:37 PM
Joined: Jun 2008
Land of the Flat Water LukeJavan8
Land of the Flat Water
Jesus; "love your enemies", yet he sends his to hell?
Like your oddities.
as in we drive on parkways, but park on driveways.
----please, draw me a sheep----
Moderated by Jackie
Forum Statistics Forums16Topics13,887Posts225,231Members9,069 Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members Mcclea10, Dilaon, BloodyAaAssassin, MOAM, Mrcheetah
9069 Registered Users
Who's Online Now 0 registered members (), 144 guests, and 3 spiders. Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days) A C Bowden 26LukeJavan8 23Mcclea10 1
Top Posters(All Time) wwh 13,858Faldage 13,803Jackie 11,613tsuwm 10,538LukeJavan8 9,248wofahulicodoc 8,154Buffalo Shrdlu 7,210AnnaStrophic 6,511Wordwind 6,296of troy 5,400
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Wordsmith.org