|About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us|
You are not logged in. [Log In] Wordsmith.org Forums Miscellany A Miscellany of Oddities Register Forums Calendar Active Threads Search Forum Help
#222977 - 11/24/15 04:32 AM A Miscellany of Oddities Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,058 A C Bowden
Joined: Oct 2010
1. It is bad to have a temper, but equally bad to lose it.
2. In a dangerous situation you need to show nerve, not nerves.
3. In the UK a moot point is arguable; in the US it is not worth arguing about.
4. An ordinary person is being philosophical by not dwelling on life's difficulties; a philosopher is being philosophical by dwelling on them.
5. We should be sanguine about resolving political disputes – not sanguinary.
6. We should take pride in our achievements, but pride comes before a fall.
7. The Devil is our enemy, but Jesus told us to love our enemies.
8. It is a black day when you go into the red, but a red-letter day when you go into the black.
9. To be quite surprised is to be only moderately surprised, but to be quite amazed is to be extremely amazed.
10. A sharp denial is much the same as a blunt denial.
11. If you can't have your cake and eat it, there's no point in having it.
12. "Twelve and one" is an anagram of "eleven and two".
#222985 - 11/24/15 05:37 PM Re: A Miscellany of Oddities [Re: A C Bowden] Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 9,134 LukeJavan8
Joined: Jun 2008
Land of the Flat Water
Jesus; "love your enemies", yet he sends his to hell?
Like your oddities.
as in we drive on parkways, but park on driveways.
----please, draw me a sheep----
Moderated by Jackie
Forum Statistics Forums16Topics13,883Posts224,748Members9,049 Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members DennyBoy, Sammy87, Bentron2000, Santanu, DavidOrigami
9049 Registered Users
Who's Online Now 0 registered members (), 47 guests, and 3 spiders. Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days) A C Bowden 18may2point0 17LukeJavan8 14DennyBoy 2SantaFeR 1arkaydy 1
Top Posters(All Time) wwh 13,858Faldage 13,803Jackie 11,613tsuwm 10,538LukeJavan8 9,134wofahulicodoc 7,918Buffalo Shrdlu 7,210AnnaStrophic 6,511Wordwind 6,296of troy 5,400
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Wordsmith.org · Top