|About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us|
Register Log In
Wordsmith.org Forums General Topics Wordplay and fun Mensopause: A nerd acting like a stud for effect.
Page 1 of 100 1 2 3 … 99 100
#209154 01/19/13 12:11 AM OP Hey Wordsmyths! This game looks like fun.
The Washington Post's Mensa Invitational once again invited readers to take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supply a new definition.
Here are the winners:
1. Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period of time.
2 Ignoranus : A person who's both stupid and an asshole.
3. Intaxicaton : Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
4. Reintarnation : Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
5. Bozone ( n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future
6. Foreploy : Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid..
7. Giraffiti : Vandalism spray-painted very, very high
8. Sarchasm : The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
9. Inoculatte : To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
10. Osteopornosis : A degenerate disease. (This one got extra credit.)
11. Karmageddon : It's like, when everybody is sending off all these really bad vibes, right? And then, like, the Earth explodes and it's like, a serious bummer.
12. Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.
13. Glibido : All talk and no action.
14. Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
15. Arachnoleptic Fit (n.): The frantic dance performed just after you've accidentally walked through a spider web.
16. Beelzebug (n.): Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.
17. Caterpallor ( n.): The color you turn after finding half a worm in the fruit you're eating.
jenny jenny #209160 01/19/13 04:50 AM I've read several of these lists; they're always hilarious.
OP SANG-FROID (taken from Anu's list of words for the week.)
F > D
SANG-DROID (pronounced saang drwa) A cool droid that has already sung.
jenny jenny #209166 01/19/13 02:44 PM heh
formerly known as etaoin...
Buffalo Shrdlu #209169 01/19/13 09:49 PM
My all-time favorite among these, for sheer economy of expression, is
IGNORANUS - a stupid asshole
wofahulicodoc #209170 01/20/13 12:06 AM OP I don't know, wolfman, the emailed copy wasn't dated.
Today's word: MELANCHOLY
MEANCHOLY: Mood sublimation for people too mean to cry.
jenny jenny #209171 01/20/13 01:36 AM
MELANCHOVY -- cantaloupe with fish (pesca con melon)
wofahulicodoc #209172 01/20/13 01:43 AM
And in answer to my own question: It depends. Anywhere from 2008 to 2010, or maybe even 1998.
See for yourself.
wofahulicodoc #209173 01/20/13 02:04 AM OP No matter.
In point we might have fun creating our own changed words list using Anu's weekly words; doncha think?
Well I will nonetheless. Here's another...
L > T
SEMINAT : a short gnat.
jenny jenny #209174 01/20/13 02:20 AM
SEKINAL -- a sleeping pill for the orthograhically challenged, a.k.a. Red Devil
Page 1 of 100 1 2 3 … 99 100
Moderated by Jackie
Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics Forums16Topics13,910Posts228,799Members9,167 Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members MCMXLV, gronk64, Storm, Teejheni, vrk1951
9,167 Registered Users
Who's Online Now 0 members (), 58 guests, and 4 robots. Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days) A C Bowden 14
Top Posters wwh 13,858Faldage 13,803Jackie 11,613tsuwm 10,542wofahulicodoc 10,184LukeJavan8 9,893Buffalo Shrdlu 7,210AnnaStrophic 6,511Wordwind 6,296of troy 5,400
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · Wordsmith.org