Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted By: The Pook
And he did make some real blunders.

Let's all google "Bushisms" at once and break the internet...

I agree that he seems affable enough, and I would probably find him likable were I to actually to meet him. But it nearly hurts me physically to hear such mutilation of the language. I once worked for a man whom I greatly respect, to this day, but every time we had a meeting and he mentioned the one "pacific" problem we needed to work on, I cringed. But this was one of very few consistent errors, and the man could talk Bush under a table. Yes, Bush has an IQ above 100; so do half of those taking the test, and many of them cannot speak clearly, either. He does read, mostly in response (lately) to a challenge with Karl Rove, and although I might not call it "widely", he has read a great deal. This does not stop him from appearing confused when confronted with a string of uncommon words, or when trying to craft a verbal response. And I want to see the ad campaign to paint Einstein as an idiot... ;0)

M
mcheves Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Well, joe friday appears to be the only one who shares my sentiment.

First, I appreciate Anu not doing what the leftist-controlled mainstream media would normally do and banning me from the forum. With the Left, there is NO freedom of speech unless you agree.

Second, I find it interesting that almost all the responses went directly to the "stupidity" of our President. How many of you are good at public speaking? Obviously, this is not Bush's strong suit, but in no way does it indicate his stupidity. Shame on the Left for allowing its hatred of Bush (and really, what he stood for) to blind it to anything good he has done.

Third, I find the past eight-year period of hatred for Bush (from the US and abroad) to be breathtaking. The smug, supercilious press, who would have us believe that it knows best for us, and who operates under a double standard, IS the problem in our country. The job of the press should be to present both sides of any topic and allow us to decide for ourselves (unless we, like Bush, are too stupid). Sadly, this no longer occurs.

Finally, it's up to me to decide if I wish to continue listening to Anu's politics. My only recourse will be to vote with my feet. But my original point still stands: we all love words and language. But none of us needs to be subjected to someone else's politics, even if we agree. Politics has no place in A Word a Day.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
>Politics has no place in A Word a Day.

but hey, thanks muchly for expressing *Your special views.
/sarcasm

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted By: mcheves
to anything good he has done.

/give me strength.

formerly known as etaoin...
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted By: etaoin

/
Quote:
give me strength

et moi !

----please, draw me a sheep----
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted By: zmjezhd
Here is a list of the presidents of the Continental Congress.

Which means that, if you consider the transition from the presidency of the Continental Congress to the modern Presidency, there were 60 transitions of power. If I remember my civics class lessons correctly, the Continental Congress didn't really have what you might call power.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
If I remember my civics class lessons correctly, the Continental Congress didn't really have what you might call power.

They waged a war against a rather powerful state and won it.

Ceci n'est pas un seing.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted By: etaoin

/give me strength.

laugh

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted By: zmjezhd
If I remember my civics class lessons correctly, the Continental Congress didn't really have what you might call power.

They waged a war against a rather powerful state and won it.

Well, a rather powerful state that didn't really have its heart in it. And that says nothing about the power thay had over the state that resulted. They didn't hold a constitutional convention because they already had a successful govenment

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
And that 'powerful state' was headed by a mad monarch.

----please, draw me a sheep----
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,361
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 727 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,557
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,919
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith