Next Thread
Print Thread
W
wow Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
W
The Andre Rieu orchestra is one of my all time favorites. I am going to his concert in New Hampshire in May. If you love music you can sing to, mixed with some great classical pieces ad waltzes, the promo says: "on December 15, 2007 André Rieu and his orchestra and a few great soloists will be giving a very special concert in the Rogers Centre in Toronto, the world’s largest indoor stadium. It will be a ...Viennese evening, just like last summer at Schönbrunn Palace ... André Rieu and his 50-piece Johann Strauss Orchestra will (present)...romantic musical highlight of the year, with magnificent sets, a dazzling light show, world-famous ice dancers, fabulous costumes and the loveliest waltzes… A real ice rink will be built for the world’s best ice dancers to perform... the romance of the most beautiful love-song melodies in unique surroundings."
For more info www.andrerieu.com
I've no connection to the orchestra,the venue,or Mr. Rieu.
But what a great holiday present! Now, should the lottery come throughy, I'll be there.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Andre Rieux is a Dutch classical musician who aimed at making classical music more popular on a large scale. I think he started as a violin player, getting people into concert halls who never had been there before by choosing light classical composers. Television concerts where he let people partake in the music etc. promoted this enterprise. I wasn't aware of these large operations abroad.This one seems to be a for Waltzer Lovers only program. Beware of dizziness!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
getting people into concert halls who never had been there before Louisville's orchestra has been struggling, as have a couple of other things I can think of: things or groups that everybody seems to want to know are there, but which most people are unwilling to actually support, either monetarily or by their participation.
Can anybody tell me why this is, and more importantly, any ideas for improving the situation(s)?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Just attach Andre Rieux to any of these groups and folks will come running with pockets full of donations.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Wow, want to let you know that right now I'm looking at Andre Rieux on television here, where they show his show at Radio City Music Hall in New York. I must admit it is impressive how he made the blend of American and classical European music with this hoard of singers and his violin orchestra and a full house of people joining in.Did you still get to the Walz?

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,351
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 580 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,549
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,918
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith