Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#15800 01/25/01 02:12 PM
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
How about what my sons like, and I have even seen it in print and now marketed in bottles---should have thought of this one too!!! Milk with grape juice--it is called a "Purple cow" I prefer it with vanilla ice cream instead of milk, but since the blender is a hassle to get out---milk and grape juice works---and then there is milk and orange juice Yuck!! This combo curdles, but the kids drink it too.

enthusiast

enthusiast
#15801 01/25/01 04:47 PM
W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Like Gelett Burgess, I have never seen a Purple Cow. And don't feel underprivileged, somehow.

#15802 01/25/01 05:12 PM
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Thanks, and I too, "Have never seen a Purple cow, And yes, I think I would rather see one than be--- a very fine bovine climbing the grapevine!!!!

enthusiast

enthusiast
#15803 01/25/01 05:17 PM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Bikermom, if your kids want orange milk, try mixing orange Tang in the milk. It won't curdle, and tastes like orange push-ups.

My seven-year-old son, who declares that he wants to be a chef when he grows up, experimented with pink lemonade mix in milk. It did curdle, into two layers: a bottom layer of a creamy, soft pink color, and a top layer of translucent gold. It was beautiful, but I refused to taste it for him. His philistine younger brother, however, drank it all.

#15804 01/25/01 05:46 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Mooed indigo

TEd
#15805 01/25/01 05:46 PM
of troy Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
curds and whey-- just like little miss muffet--

when we hear "curds and whey" it doesn't sound very appatizing. but cottage cheese (plain curds) is okay--
and yogurt is an other form of curds and whey--(soft creamy curds!)

some foods "sound good" our attitude towards the words (or our familiarity with a similar form) effects how we think of things.

Offal sounds awful-- but pate sounds nice-- and what is pate but chopped liver mixed with fat?

Who wants the frozen fatty extract of an animals glands? no one? how about some ice cream?

the old saw is people who like sausages or politics should never watch them being made...
there are a lot of food, that when we analyze how they are made--or where they come from-- that are pretty gross.

Name can change our a feeling about a food-- I've alway though French potatoes must taste better-- since they are apples of the earth I make a stew that includes ground nuts-- most people are willing to taste it-- but if i tell them its a stew made with peanut butter-- they are sure that a gravy made from tomatoes, coconut milk, peanut butter and hot peppers can't taste good!

call your son's mixture something special-- a golden sunrise drink-- and he might be more willing to try it.

#15806 01/25/01 06:47 PM
J
J
This Christmas, while being at my mother’s house, I found an old recipe of a coffee liqueur my grandmother used to make. I have been waiting patiently for three weeks, that is the time the coffee has to be in infusion, and, finally, last Sunday I could taste it. Delicious!.
Its Spanish name is “rosoli” and I haven’t had a good night of sleeping since then!.
Anyway, I’d like to join Lusy in his ‘Ode to Cardhu’.

Juan Maria.

#15807 01/25/01 09:37 PM
B
addict
addict
B
I'd like to invite Faldage and wow (and maybe CapK, as long as he promises to bring real whisky) to a party. I figure by the time you all get here with your duty free there should be enough to keep us going for a while...

I've also accepted my English roots - tea, no coffee, and a very strong penchant for gin...

I assume none of you commit the heinous crime of putting ice in your malts? I had a terrible experience once where a waiter brought my Scotch with ice, without asking. When I complained he took it away and brought me... not a fresh drink but the same drink with the ice cubes taken out! (shudder of complete non-comprehension and disgust even years after the experience emoticon) Worst of all, (sorry Nick) it was New Jersey water.

On a less alcoholic note, in Taiwan I also acquired the habit of drinking hot water. In theory, this causes evaporation causes cooling. I just find it better than cup after cup of tea in the office. Anyone else ever do this?

One of the best hot summer day drinks - fill a glass with as many ice cubes as you can cram in and pour neat Rose's Lime Cordial into the gaps. The ice is so cold it masks the strength of the cordial, the cordial is so strong you can only sip and the whole thing is refreshingly tart.

#15808 01/25/01 09:46 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I have been known to put (on the advice of experts) a splash of water in my single malt.

Not a drinker of naked hot water, but I will sometimes eat ice cream outdoors in the winter. It's a habit I picked up in Moscow (MOCKBA) in January.

#15809 01/25/01 09:56 PM
W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
I will sometimes eat ice cream outdoors in the winter

Who'd a thunk it? Russians with the same habits as New Englanders! Especially good when you are experiencing a February Thaw (temp about 45 f and everyone out without coats) Ice cream in February is a promise of Springtime
wow

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,374
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 162 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,562
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,919
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith