Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#153406 01/31/06 05:52 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Quote:

Come on Teddy (can I call you Teddy?), don't be cute : You know you love me.

Can you? Yes. May you? No.

TEd
#153407 01/31/06 05:58 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Well, if I had wanted to alter the lyrics, I would have written:

He hates women, he's got whine

but I decided to let the lyrics be.

#153408 01/31/06 06:07 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Quote:

Can you? Yes. May you? No.

HOMO LOQUENS (Slapping his thigh ebulliently) : Ha! That's brilliant!

(Grinning and shaking his head, he gives vent to a splendid sigh):

Ahhhhh Teddy, that's what we love about you! And that's why I gave you especial mention in my pseudoantepenultimate post... you're so... so...

(canting his head on one side, squinting, and biting his lip):

Dry!

That's the word I'm looking for! Dry! And, to be quite honest, in a very queer sort of a way, it touches a man's inmost heart to be gently ribbed by someone he loves. Yes because it shows you know the love between us is unshakable!

And I love that!

#153409 01/31/06 11:03 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Neo: You are programs.

Rama-Kandra: Oh yes. I am the power plant systems manager for recycling operations. My wife is an interactive software programmer, she is highly creative.

Kamala: What are you doing here? You do not belong here.

Rama-Kandra: Kamala, Goodness, I apologize. My wife can be very direct.

Neo: It's OK. I don't have an answer. I don't even know where "here" is.

Rama-Kandra: This place is nowhere. It is between your world and our world.

Neo: Who is the train man?

Rama-Kandra: He works for the Frenchman.

Neo: Why did I know you were going to say that.

Rama-Kandra: The Frenchman does not forget. And he does not forgive.

Neo: Do you know him?

Rama-Kandra: I know only what I need to know. I know that if you want to take something from our world into your world that does not belong there, you must go to the Frenchman.

Neo: Is that what you're doing here?

Kamala: Rama, please.

Rama-Kandra: I do not want to be cruel, Kamala. He may never see another face for the rest of his life.

Neo: I'm sorry. You don't have to answer that question.

Rama-Kandra: No, I don't mind. The answer is simple. (Looks at his daughter, who beams back.) I love my daughter very much. I find her to be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. But where we are from, that is not enough. Every program that is created must have a purpose, if it does not, it is deleted. I went to the Frenchman to save my daughter. ... You do not understand.

Neo: I just have never...

Rama-Kandra: Heard of programs speak of love.

Neo: It is a human emotion.

Rama-Kandra: No, it is a word. What matters is the connection the word implies. I see that you are in love. Can you tell me what you would give to hold onto that connection?

Neo: Anything.

Rama-Kandra: Then perhaps the reason you are here is not so different than the reason I am here.

Later:

Neo: You're not staying with her [Sati] ?

Rama-Kandra: It is not possible. Our arrangement with the Frenchman was for our daughter only. My wife and I must return to our world.

Neo: Why?

Rama-Kandra: That is our karma.

Neo: You believe in Karma?

Rama-Kandra: "Karma" is a word, like "love." A way of saying, "what I am here to do." I do not resent my karma, I am grateful for it. Grateful for my wonderful wife, for my beautiful daughter, they are gifts, and so I do what I must do to honor them.

Andy Wachowski & Larry Wachowski (2003)

#153410 02/02/06 02:44 PM
addict
addict
Quote:

prescindible, prescindibles
adjective
dispensable, nonessential

prescindir
verb, intransitive
to omit, leave out (e.g. omitir)
to ignore, disregard (e.g. hacer caso omiso)
to do without (e.g privarse)

Ooops, sorry, folks ... I thought "prescindible" was also English. I'm sure I've heard the verb "prescind from", no?

#153411 02/02/06 11:52 PM
I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
Quote:

Quote:

prescindible, prescindibles
adjective
dispensable, nonessential

prescindir
verb, intransitive
to omit, leave out (e.g. omitir)
to ignore, disregard (e.g. hacer caso omiso)
to do without (e.g privarse)

Ooops, sorry, folks ... I thought "prescindible" was also English. I'm sure I've heard the verb "prescind from", no?

Yerp, it's English. Don't know about the prepo one way or another, tho.

Quote:

I notice that the intellectual calibre of posts has plummeted since my departure.

Not to sound to doltish and un-intellectual, for I am just one of the low level maggots that crawls around here on A-WAD, but since when does this forum or group run purely off of what you do. think, say or orate to the public at large? Whom gave you the authority to go about saying whether or not I or anyone else has any intelligence?

My first initial thoughts concerning you, when I happened upon a differing thread that you have posted, was that hum here is a man who just might see the lighter side of life.

Silly me! {slaps her self on the fore-head}

Then I come to this thread and OMG! I can not believe what I am reading. And yes I am so upset by all of this that I am reverting to my base nature of using little words in the hopes that they just might make sense due to, oh that is right, I am not intelligent enough to have any calibre to my posts.

I would think, and may haps this is where my faux pas is centered, that a man, who obviously has a some what higher then normal etymological and intellectual understanding of the english language, just might assist in building up your fellow man, lead them on, show them how to speak or understand the higher words and language usages that are available.

But alas this is not what is shown at all. I see that you depict very well what you are doing in your following statement, and I quote:

Quote:

I have began to stoop one rung lower than character assassinations. I am now slandering the appearance of posters' from their avatars. I have become disgusting. Contemptible. Despicable. But this monster has resulted from a failure of homeostatic coercion just as the condemned murderer on the cruciform execution gurney is martyred for the sins of a society of whose law of averages he is the inevitable aberration. I am a Pneumatic Gnostic among Hylics. A frustrated Titan on a foundering Ship of Fools. You push each other around in the dark, I shudder in the ugly light. You are grey and brown. I am garish as a poisonous insect.

But unfortunately you yet again step down and beat those whom do not meet you particular high standards as is evident in the following:

Quote:

My posts are interesting. A coach-a-bower is certainly more interesting than "Does this telephone commercial make sense" or the question of some idiot who doesn't know how to use a thesaurus. But you all chose to ignore that thread like a group of catty schoolgirls. Why? Because if my posts are not genuinely interesting, they are wonderfully ridiculous: yes, iamkimjoochang. The man who will not admit that is funny is an old goat who knows nothing about life. I like tswum, Father Steve, Ted, themilum (because it appears his imagination has, until recently, accommodated the idiosyncrasies of genius) and a few others. But as for the rest of you (of troy, Jackie, consuelo, et al) when I read your posts I would like to ram the jagged end of a broken bottle in to my face. My grandmother has more interesting things to say than you, and she actually is an old cryptic crossword biddy (bless her soul). Seriously. Your posts bore me to distraction. And so, after all my hard work to try and bring some life to this board I must finally admit, fcuk this, it is too late: You. Are. Dead.

This saddens and sickens me. I am going on record as saying I want nothing to do with you or your misguided ideals; unless, and this is only unless, you manage to pull your head out of the clouds and realize you are human right along with the rest of us. I admit whole heartedly that I every now and then use a thesaurus, especially when I can not remember a word that is on the tip of my tongue. I admit I am not a genius with words and get tripped up at times. I admit that I am human and ask what looks like stupid questions. But you know what?! I was always taught that if I do not know something, ask! For to not ask is worse then asking and getting a stupid answer.

With this said, I will end my little, silly and un-intellectual statement which will just bore you to tears and allow you to want to place that bottle through your face time and again.

Last edited by AlimaeHP; 02/07/06 11:37 PM.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,372
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 767 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,561
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,919
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith