Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
C
What gives with all the useless fighting?

Your insight seems particularly apt when we reflect on the fact that Albee's title was inspired by the childrens' nursery rhyme "Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf". [At least, that is the popular theory.]

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
What gives with all the useless fighting?

Your insight seems particularly apt when we reflect on the fact that Albee's title was inspired by the childrens' nursery rhyme "Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf". [At least, that is the popular theory.]

And some folks are George and Martha all rolled into one...evidently.

#143075 05/28/05 01:07 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
> good times in NJ

yeah, I got way off the freeway too :)

Yes, Mav..."duked" it out in the wilds of New Jersey, huh?

When you get off the Turnpike you ever know what natural wonders you might find.

C
C
some folks are George and Martha all rolled into one...

Very large of you to acknowledge it, W'ON.

It just goes to show that it is sometimes unfair to judge a group by the behavior of a few, even when the group acquiesces in scandalous behavior.

Acquiesce doesn't always give consent. Sometimes it only gives the appearance of consent.

It is regretable that those who offend are the ones most likely to be heartened by this chimera of consent.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
>Very large of you to acknowledge it, W'ON.

It just goes to show that it is sometimes unfair to judge a group by the behavior of a few, even when the group acquiesces in scandalous behavior.

Acquiesce doesn't always give consent. Sometimes it only gives the appearance of consent.

It is regretable that those who offend are the ones most likely to be heartened by this chimera of consent.

I was talking about you.

C
C
I was talking about you.

And I was talking about Carp.

We'll let those who are neither me nor Carp decide who specializes in obscenities, unprovoked personal insults, hateful tirades and cowardly bullying.

The record is crystal clear on the subject for any who may be curious.

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
Are you seriously going to carry on your pathetic bleating and whinging until the end of time? You are simply a fatuous waste of DNA. Go get yourself some proper treatment and stop inflicting your crap on everyone round here. No-one's interested in your legalistic pettifogging, and nothing you say can force anyone to like you when the practical results of your character shine through so clearly.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
oh, mav, there you go pussy footing your way round, not really saying what you mean..

you need to be clearer, and to better articulate (can you be articulate when you are writting?) well maybe articulate isn't the right word.. but

hey, this is a word board. mostly. about words.

it useful, i am always forgetting word to describe rhetorical terms, (and come here and ask the same question again and again) and i seem to remember some other words.. what where they? something about leaving, and not posting.. i vaguely remember..

well it doesn't seem to matter. some times i forget words too.. (see spree for latest example!)

#143081 05/29/05 12:04 PM
C
C
nothing you say can force anyone to like you when the practical results of your character shine through so clearly

Dear Maverick:

I can't imagine why you think I would aspire to be "liked" by you or your fellow Carp or even by anyone else who posts here, at least as a primary motivation for visiting here.

This is not a "Mutual Admiration Society" -- although it has been monopolized by some for that purpose.

This is a forum for the expression of ideas and opinions associated with words.

If someone favors an idea I might have or an opinion, or insights I might bring here expressed by others -- whether or not they favor me, personally, as the originator or messenger -- then I am rewarded and encouraged, and this is what I look for in others.

Friendship I can find in the real world. And flattery is a balm for the insecure.

If it's friendship and flattery you seek, Maverick, you should look for it in the real world, not here.

If posters happen to make some friends in this forum in the process of exchanging ideas and debating ideas -- the more openly and honestly and candidly, the better -- those friendships are an incidental pleasure, not the raison d'etre of AWADtalk.

If you and your fellow Carp want to soothe your insecurities in a sanctuary of fawning flatteries, you should take your Mutual Admiration Society some place where the real world cannot intrude upon your fantasies.

#143082 05/29/05 10:32 PM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
Interesting that you see this as set apart from the 'real world'. Most of us have met in the flesh, sometimes on many occasions, most of us see this as part and parcel of the real world we inhabit, and although we adopt screen names (mainly to guard against the depradations of fuckwits like you) we are exactly who and what we project ourselves to be. You, on the contrary, have proven so insecure that you have adopted a minimum of what, eight, nine or ten personae on this board? - and have shown yourself to be the same egomaniac little cretin behind each name. Most of us do indeed come here for discussion based around issues of language, whereas judged by your actual posts you apparently come here in some desperate pursuit of the approval of others, and when this has not been forthcoming try to bludgeon a response by incessant whinging and bleating of the most puerile kind.

Well, here is the plain unvarnished truth as it appears to most who have had to put up with your noise over the past years:
1. You are not very quick witted or knowledgeable.
2. You have a far higher regard for your own capacities than does anyone who knows you.
3. You have a pathological need to feel included, to the masochistic excess of forcing your company on an established yet open group of people who have found your company boring.

Get a life. Get treatment. Above all, get out here.

Of course, I don't really expect you to be able to take this on board. That's the nature of mental imbalance.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,373
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,562
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,919
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith