Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#143063 05/24/05 06:52 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Elizabeth:

Fret not. Certain spurious small coins frequently return temporarily to the scene of their crimes.

I'm reminded of my distant cousin Sam Remington, who decided that counterfeiting small change in a shop outside London would keep him below the radar of the constabulary. Alas, he was mistaken, and asked plaintively as he was led away in cuffs, "How'd you catch me?" The arresting detective merely sang the old refrain, "Sam, you made the pence too long."

And Sam's not the only one who's been busted. Just look out on the car path.

TEd

Edit:

Sam was like his dead cat. In the bad mintin' racket.

TR

TEd
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Carpathian or Plutarch? (you fool no one, save perhaps some newcomers, is that your aim?)

E
addict
addict
E
You're right, it's a sock puppet.

C
C
Dear ASp:

I thought I would relieve all of the need to guess by indicating that Carpathian ("Carp" for short) is the former Plutarch. [Please note Plutarch post above.]

I changed my name because "Carpathian" allows me to become a "Carp" before my time. :)

If I fooled anyone, I regret it - because I certainly made no effort to fool anyone. Quite the contrary.

So successful was I in making Plutarch's appearance known to you, you circulated the alarm by PM immediately following Carpathian's very first post.

Thank you. You saved me the trouble. :)

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Came back for more carping, eh?

#143068 05/25/05 08:39 PM
C
C
Came back for more carping, eh?

Not exactly, W'ON. This time I plan to give as much Carp as I take.

No more turn-the-other-cheek Plutarch.

Carps aren't the only ones who can carp. But they never Carp alone. They always Carp in packs.

Good! That makes the odds pretty much even. :)

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Tnat's it. I am outta here. You know exactly where you can place the small shards of this board after you have finished destroying it, you crummy piece of shit.

TEd
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

C
C
Dear TEd Rem:

I said I would give as much Carp as I take.

My apologies. I overstated that.

I will not stoop to the viciousness of some of the leading Carps around here --- which seems to have rubbed off on you in my absence.

In the past, you were content to sit on the sidelines quietly while ASp and Of Troy heaped unprovoked abuse on me week after week, month after month for over 3 months. As you know, I departed to give the Carps an opportunity to clean up their own mess.

I say again, I will give as much Carp as I take. But I am not a real "Carp" so I will continue to distinguish myself as a gentleman.

But there will be no more turn-the-other-cheek Plutarch.

I don't need to resort to obscenities and gratuitous insults and hysterical tirades foaming with hate language to deal with Carpal dog packs defending their sacred Carpal precincts from unwelcome truths.

A
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
A
Yikes, I feel like someone who's just showed up for The Importance of Being Earnest only to find Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf playing on the stage. What gives with all the useless fighting?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,351
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 477 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,549
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,918
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith