Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
milo, i for one, recieved a PM from Vernon. He left this board. he specifically sited you, and your posts as being hostile, and creating an unpleasent tone here. Vern felt he (personally was being attacked, and he no longer post here. perhaps his last posting was inappropriate. but... why beat a dead horse ?

i don't have to complain about Vern--he stopped making hostile post--and all posts! i suspect he wrote others, (since i wasn't particularly 'close' to Vern, and he wrote to notify me!)

why did he leave? well Vern told me, YOU, were the reason.

Now it could be, he was lying.--but he wasn't lying about not posting here any more.. so it could be he was telling the truth.

I was requested to edit a comment i made, in this thread, (by PM) and last night, i couldn't.(i had connection problems) i off now to do it.
I sometimes am hostile. and sometimes, i am snippy, and my written words sound more hostile than i intend.

some one questioned one of my posts, informed me it sounded more hostile than it did snippy. they suggested, if i had intended to be snippy, i should edit what i wrote.
sometime, (alas, of late, frequently) you sound hostile.
it might be, you too, are being snippy. or perhaps trying to be clever or ironic, or even funny. but often you sound hostile. Is the defect in me(do i fail to understand?) or is the defect in you(do you miss the target (ie, being funny, or being ironic) and appear hostile? i dunno. maybe we are both at fault.

--and i could be wrong(been wrong lots of times) but i don't think it was anything YOU posted that lead anyone to suggest this thread should be locked!--
------------------------------------------------------------
oh and to be persnickity.. i don't mind being one of the guys, but I am not one of the boys!

veteran
veteran

"we find a long line of things that sort of lead up to humans in Africa"

Let me correct this. I think I know what I mean to say, but it's easy to get the wrong impression. The things we see that "lead up to humans" don't necessarily constitute a direct line. It's more like we can see things that are on branches that may be in the direct line, but are more probably on close side branches.

It's easy to think about evolution as a linear thing - the line from A to B - but that's only how it looks after the fact when we consider only A and B. I think it's a rare case when we can even tell whether A was a direct antecedent.

k

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,345
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 769 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,547
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,918
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith