About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#139746 02/22/05 07:22 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
You're just trying to boron. Obviously youve been lead astray, probably by a copper, but someone will use his or her helium powers to help you before you're too fargon.

Would that be element Re, my dear Watson?

TEd
#139747 02/22/05 01:13 PM
T
veteran
veteran
T
Ha!You didn't understand enough of what I wrote to get the answer, did you, Dieter-boy?
Maybe next time you should ask the jerks
who pull your strings.

No pun intended.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Could we go back to discussing the topics this board was created for, Milo? I understand you've been kicked off at least one monitored board for too many insults and politically-charged posts. This board has no monitor, as we know. So could you please monitor yourself? (and yes, I still want to meet you when we go to B'ham, surely you can't be this awful in person). Oh, and

#139749 02/22/05 01:31 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
>Ha!You didn't understand enough of what I wrote to get the answer, did you, Dieter-boy?
Maybe next time you should ask the jerks
who pull your strings.

themilum:

The post quoted above was sent to me and was in response to a post I had made. I wonder if you meant it for someone else. If so, I suggest that you edit the message to show for whom it was intended.

TEd Remington

TEd
T
veteran
veteran
T
No, Annastrophic, I will not be interested in meeting you when you come to Birmingham, and hence forth, I will promise not to post on any thread that you originate.
And in return I would like to solicit a courtesy with a faint hope that you will reciprocate...

Please don't interrupt any thread of mine!

#139751 02/22/05 02:12 PM
T
veteran
veteran
T
Ted Remington.

Your suggestions are like your puns... slightly amusing.

Wanna know who Dieter is? Go anagram his name and you'll then know who he ire.
What a silly joke.

Good Lord are you people mad?

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
What gives you ownership rights over any thread on this board, Milo? This thread in any case was started by someone else, continued on a variety of topics (some even about language by mischance!) by a variety of posters... your contribution was very interesting, at least to some people here, but could equally be seen as monopolising the conversation by others.

The only checks and balances we have on this board to make our mix of civilised, humorous and variously eccentric conversations possible is the self-restraint we also all contribute.

I'll do you the courtesy of assuming there's something going on in your life that has set you in this strange mood, but can you please withdraw from the personalised and aggressive posts illustrated above?

T
veteran
veteran
T

What gives you ownership rights over any thread on this board, Milo?

Maverick? Strange...have your emotions overtaken your usual exceptional ability to understand English?

I nowhere claimed propreitorship over any thread.
I simply said that I promised not to post on any
thread that Annastrophic originated, and hoped that
she would do the same.
You know...like two people who can't get along so
they simply nod when they pass each other in the
street.

...but could equally be seen as monopolising the conversation by others.

"could be seen" Ha! I could be seen as a twinkled toed fairy but but that doesn't change the fact that I look like Cary Grant.

Maverick, your words
puzzle me. We do not have "conversations" here we have posts; scroll down, and a bad post is gone, click your mouse and the thread is gone too. conversations are governed by good manners...and too many posts here lately are governed by abject hate. Jeez!

Who's next!

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
> any thread of mine [e.a.]

Possessive, Milo.

> and too many posts here lately are governed by abject hate. Jeez!

I completely agree. So if you didn't find TEd's string of punies funny, all you had to do was mouse on down a bit.

You're right of course, this is a different medium to speech - to me, it's like a hybrid between speech and the written word. Perhaps to you it's more like writing, I don't know. But personal insults tend to linger in the ether, even more so than in ftf conversations.

And I thankee for the compliment, however backhanded :)

#139755 02/22/05 05:25 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
So, let me get this straight.

I'm responding to someone else's humorous posts about a person known as potassium-argon, and you step forward and tell me:

I am too stupid to understand what you wrote about ice ages.
and

I should go for guidance to the jerks who pull my strings.

And then you have the gall to call me ire Ted or Ted ire or retied or dieter and then imply that I am mad. No, I ain't mad, themilum, but I am sure as hell angry.

Then to compound the injury, you say: too many posts here lately are governed by abject hate.

Perhaps you need to take a good long look at your posts in this thread and elsewhere and try to assess where the hate is.

It certainly did not come from me. All I did was string together a few puns (not even addressed to you) and you called me too stupid to understand what you had posted previously, implied that I might be a sock-puppet, and tried to tar me with some anagram that may be Ted ire (or something else, but not sure what.)

themilum, you can be very interesting, witty, and informative, but let me be the first to tell you that if you engage in a battle of wits with me you will not be fighting an unarmed person. I don't like the bitterness, acrimony, front and back stabbing, and downright meanness that this entire board has become in the last few months.

Plutarch has said that he desires to turn over a new leaf, which is something I think you need to consider as a course of action for yourself.

One last point, whether you initiate a thread here, contribute to it, nurture it, undermine it, or seek to co-opt it, the thread is not yours. This is an open forum for the exchange of information, education of ourselves and others, and, at times, a place to impart into other people our individual joy of life and to become part of a larger congregation of rational thinking FRIENDS! It is not a place for you to vent your spleen.

Please stop with the vituperation. I admit that I have in the past said some not nice things to you and I regret that. I'm going to try harder to be nice all the time, but that does not mean that I will curb my sense of humor for you or for any other person who frequents this board.

TEd Remington

TEd
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,347
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (wofahulicodoc), 769 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,548
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,918
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith