Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#136558 12/30/04 08:06 AM
P
veteran
veteran
P
retreat into the safety of watching his venality without further comment

Thanks, sjmaxq. I commend that advice to all who feel as you do.

I have been practising this approach myself for some weeks, although it may be unfair to condemn the approach based on my results with it.

#136559 12/30/04 08:22 AM
P
veteran
veteran
P
he must be insane

I suppose you are right, Of Troy.

I can't call you a friend, although I would value you as a friend. But I won't call you my enemy because you say you are my enemy, because you are not.

We may not agree on everything, including your opinion of me personally, but I never take our disagreements personally. Of course, you are entitled to take them any way you wish. I can only speak for myself.

#136560 12/30/04 12:24 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
i wish is was venial. the loss of jheem is just the newest blow. strikes like that are mortal blows..

it seems plutarch won't be happy until he can fill AWAD with endless thread comprised of his own post--exclusively.
...see confession of an airhead, or more recently, the his post about the SF chronicaler about the word of the year.
14 total posts, 11 from one person.. classic demonstration of his replying to himself, again and again, to the effect of shutting out all other voices. except his voice, --he only want to converse with himself, via his sock puppets, and pretend to interact. REAL Interaction, (ie normal human behavior) he is incapable of.

and now he claims he to is retreating --See him as he limits himself to a dozen posts per thread instead of a 150 of a 160.. (and don't forget, FAWN, most of all he want everyone to fawn at his greatness)

this is Board works best when all voices are heard. he is doing his best to silence voices, to stiffle interaction; to dominate here. (can't you just hear him unctiously protest he is 'just a 'umble servent, ever so 'umble..' as he set about attempting to destroy the very thing he claims to value?)

AT this point, i am public asking for his rights and privledges here to be revoked. i will follow up this public request with a private one to jackie.

she might very well decide against me. but i invite others to join in, and second my request.

#136561 12/30/04 12:38 PM
P
veteran
veteran
P
FAWN, most of all he wants everyone to fawn

Fawn? You would never "fawn" to anyone, Of Troy, and that's what most of us admire most about you.

#136562 12/30/04 01:24 PM
T
veteran
veteran
T
I don't know, of troy, to punish Plutarch by petitioning Jackie to pull the plug on Mister Plutarch seems to me a bit churlish and unfair.
Rather, we should petition Jackie to censor ole jheem because of his snippish decision to punish us all by his absence.

But being of a kindly and compliant nature I will add my signature to the petition for ole Plutarch's banishment if his high crimes can be enumerated without innuendo.

I await your list.

#136563 12/30/04 01:55 PM
P
veteran
veteran
P
we should petition Jackie to censor ole jheem because of his snippish decision to punish us all by his absence

I know this was said in jest, themilum, but I think it would have been best to have added a or :) just to erase any chance of misunderstanding.

May the petition be signed by anyone who wants to sign it, themilum. The sooner we can all get past this, the sooner we can all start posting about words again.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
...if his high crimes can be enumerated without innuendo.

themilum - Since we know this is not possible, nor are the crimes *high, your inclusion (even if keeping a theme going) of the word "banishment" in the subject seems to be a little excessive, eh?

How about:

"Dude! Just turn the *faucet down to the point where the water doesn't freeze".

- or -

"Hey! Save some of the bad puns and wordplay for the rest of us fools.

- OR -

How about a bit of self regulation (my favorite kind).

a) Only one post per subject per day unless a conversation is going on directly/indirectly between two people.

Of course the "directly/indirectly" is a very large *crack to fall through, but we all have better judgements... sheesh!... it's only a guide to help us all maintain equalibrium with our own (and other's) psyche. When only a limited number of people comment on everything, and then comment on the comments... this becomes a public chat room... and that ain't what this is. The idea is to attempt to share regional information, personal knowledge and, of course, an occasional opinion. The only steeking rules we (really) have are limits on discussions of religious merit and political value... which, BTW, have been violated very much so recently, but nobody has said anything.... until now. I'm blaming that one on themilum, but I know he doesn't take things personally... besides, all that seasonal giving weakened our resolve... (ho-ho-ho)

Here's my real suggestion:

*Everyone take the sticks out of their....
*Horn players, take out your straigt, cup and Harmon mutes and use them...
*Electric bass player turn down a bit...
*Please, a little less distortion on the guitar...

... now... from the top... a one - an a two - an a tree...

... Take me out to the ballgame...

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Wooden it be luverly?

I agree with Musick and Tsuwm. It's time for this year to be over with and with its demise there should be the demise of the bitterness and infighting that has become so commonplace over the last few months.

Sheesh, if you all keep this up when we talk about the late unpleasantness we will have to specify whether we mean late (as in dead and gone) or late (as in most recent.)

I direct this last to plutarch, milum, themilum, and whatever other names he or she is using: all jokes cease to be funny when they are repeated incessantly, and the joke and the jokester become tedious and boring. Whether you meant to or not (and in my personal viewpoint I think it is the former) you have made this a not-very-nice place and in the process you have driven away one of the more interesting and erudite new voices we have had on AWADtalk in the last two years. I have tried and tried to get a handle on why you have taken it upon yourself to post diatribes at people just because have posted more than you have, and I cannot begin to ascribe thereto a rational motive.

I've kept waiting for you to tire of the foolishness, and have dropped some subtle and not-so-subtle hints in your direction, asking you to examine yourself more critically. You have failed to respond in any positive way to hints, so now I will be less subtle: GET A LIFE! The library is that way.

TEd
T
veteran
veteran
T
The only steeking rules we (really) have are limits on discussions of religious merit and political value... which, BTW, have been violated very much so recently, but nobody has said anything.... until now.

Now Musick, if you have observed violations of the religeous and political apocrypha of this board, it serves us well for you to openly cite these violations by these right-wing Jesus-loving reactionaries so we can advise them to desist.

Or for that matter, you have an obligation to speak out against the assault upon our beloved English language by the vacuous mouthings of the politically correct.

Since we know this is not possible, nor are the crimes *high, your inclusion (even if keeping a theme going) of the word "banishment" in the subject seems to be a little excessive, eh?

Well maybe, Musick, maybe of troy didn't mean it when she said...

AT this point, i am public asking for his rights and privledges here to be revoked. i will follow up this public request with a private one to jackie.

she might very well decide against me. but i invite others to join in, and second my request

This board has many mansions but they are only worthwhile places to visit if they are open to all sexes and races and are not just dry and dusty mausoleums for the whims and pleasures of a small and smug self-considered elite.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Somehow I knew you wouldn't take it personally... but I didn't find those "violations" of dubious authenticity, and it's not like rules weren't meant to be broken... and I agree with the suggestion of such an "obligation" but not with the specifics of english being "beloved" (by any means). I married english for the money and all I got was love.

...and smug self-considered elite.

I wish, someday, someone would introduce me to *them.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,351
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 775 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,549
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,918
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith