|About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us|
Register Log In Wordsmith.org Forums Wordplay and fun Making the rounds Forums Calendar Active Threads Search Forum Help
Making the rounds #120965
01/23/04 06:34 PM 01/23/04 06:34 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,773 Sparteye OP
These are currently circulating the net:
1. Hale Business Systems, Mary Kay Cosmetics, Fuller Brush, and W. R. Grace Co. will merge and become: Hale, Mary, Fuller, Grace.
2. Polygram Records, Warner Bros., and Zesta Crackers will join forces and become: Poly, Warner Cracker.
3. 3M will merge with Goodyear and issue forth as: MMMGood.
4. Zippo Manufacturing, Audi Motors, Dofasco, and Dakota Mining will merge and become: ZipAudiDoDa.
5. FedEx is expected to join its major competitor, UPS, and become: FedUP.
6. Fairchild Electronics and Honeywell Computers will become: Fairwell Honeychild.
7. Grey Poupon and Docker Pants are expected to become: Poupon Pants.
Re: Making the rounds #120966
01/24/04 01:51 AM 01/24/04 01:51 AM
Joined: Oct 2000
rego park of troy
some of these were new when i first joined AWAD--and some were first seen in an article in the Economist of all places..(Mav might remember.. he had a few too, as i recall)
i remember posting one or two i remembered (i couldn't a back issue of the economist on line (unless you're a paid subscriber)..
my oldies but goodies are
Xerox is mergering with Wurlutzer.. they are going to be making reproductive organs..
and TelefoneMexico is merger with PacBell to become TacoBells...
Moderated by Jackie
Forum Statistics Forums16Topics13,885Posts224,920Members9,059 Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members SaoirseSea, SirNamaan, Lacuna, Nikki1221, Veezkneez
9059 Registered Users
Who's Online Now 0 registered members (), 57 guests, and 3 spiders. Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days) A C Bowden 27LukeJavan8 21
Top Posters(All Time) wwh 13,858Faldage 13,803Jackie 11,613tsuwm 10,538LukeJavan8 9,178wofahulicodoc 8,004Buffalo Shrdlu 7,210AnnaStrophic 6,511Wordwind 6,296of troy 5,400
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Wordsmith.org