I friend asked me (whyever? <sigh>) So, I'd like to ask you...well, here it is in his own words:

"I'm looking for a word.

You know the area that's the interface between "humans" and "animals"? Like
when you ask if humans are animals or when animals have human traits; or
when something animal is anthropomorphic? ... or when you have a discussion
about the "difference between animals and humans"?

What is that word that describes the blurred line between animals and
humans? What is that study or science? What word describes that linkage
between animals and humans?

I need a word that describes that area of knowledge and investigation.


Thanks for your consideration.


"What we need to understand may only be expressible in a language that we do not know."---Tony Judge