Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#147728 09/09/05 02:58 PM
Jackie Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
This is a site I found when looking up Father Steve's phrase, and was delighted to see the first thing I read:
A Gentleman's English Dictionary and Usage

We can only assume that it is something to do with the deleterious effects of strong waters on young minds, but we have been told that some of the language used in our correspondence is opaque, arcane or even of less than diamantine clarity.

Though we find this hard to believe, we take it as an Englishman's bounden duty to tutor the unknowing in the ways of righteousness. We have, therefore, provided this Dictionary and Usage Guide for the English Gentleman or those aspiring to that happy state.

Here is the link to their main page; looks like something to go to when looking for a pleasant way to while away some time:
http://twochapstalking.com/

#147729 09/09/05 05:00 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I'm laughing so hard at the intro that I'm going to have to compose myself before forging on. Thanks, Jackie!

Welcome to Two Chaps Talking - notes on life, love, drink, debauchery, fisticuffs and fine tailoring - a bastion of all that is correct in a world where so much is not.

Separated by an ocean but joined in spirit The Gentlemen have been corresponding fortnightly and forthrightly on all the important topics of the day since the last century.

Originally recorded on laid vellum using fine fountain pens and Indian ink, the Two Chaps' correspondence can now be viewed in full through the splendidly modern medium of the interweb thingy. Searchers after truth will also find here the Gentleman's English Dictionary and Usage, an essential resource for those who haven't yet mastered the King's, the Queen's or indeed The Chaps' English.

Special Announcement

Some of our members have been kind enough to be generous in their praise of Mr T's writings on matters culinary. The attention has gone entirely to his head and, emboldened by wines, he has rashly embarked on an individual enterprise.

Mr T's culinary jottings can now be found at his site Fire & Knives where he fondly hopes you will support him as generously as you have here at Two Chaps Talking.

Please rest assured that both Chaps will continue to work up this mighty organ for your pleasure, at fortnightly intervals, for an uncomfortably long time in to the future.

#147730 09/19/05 07:58 PM
Great site! Perhaps they could start the Two Chaps College with the same majors:

"life, love, drink, debauchery, fisticuffs and fine tailoring"

It might become a very popular school.

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,271
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (A C Bowden), 285 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,502
LukeJavan8 9,915
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith