Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
snoot Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
I wonder if they realize that plutarch has taken the Readers Digest® concept and incorporated it here?

The Lone Haranguer

The Lone Haranguer
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
EDIT: sorry--I deleted what I had written earlier; I had been thinking merely of R.'sD., and didn't take in until coming back this time that the opening post had mentioned a member by name. That was meaner than I want to be.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
did you read the thread about there being no rules.. (mind you, there are ROBberies.

Oh, yeah, and ROB is just another AKA for Plutarch..

i wonder if there is a word for being tortured by boring text.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Overlords? We've got overlords? I thought this was an anarcho-syndicalist collective!

#145998 08/05/05 09:52 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
> the opening post had mentioned a member by name

I'm not sure that it did the first time your read it...

formerly known as etaoin...
#145999 08/05/05 10:32 AM
S
snoot Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
meaner than I want to be.

Mentioning plutarch by name is mean??? Well, strike me down for being a meany.

We've got overlords?

I'm sure that you ask this with irony, Faldage; and that's the way I used it too. (I can't believe the overlords let certain individuals run roughshod through these forums.)

I'm not sure that it did the first time your read it...

Huh?!? I'm not one to do stealth edits, although I know y'all are used to that sort of thing here.

The Lone Haranguer

The Lone Haranguer
#146000 08/05/05 12:14 PM
C
stranger
stranger
C
You said:

Huh?!? I'm not one to do stealth edits, although I know y'all are used to that sort of thing here.

No, though I am quite new here, I was taken aback in another thread when plutarch edited one of his screeds after I had posted a response, and the purpose of the edit appeared to have been to make me look a fool.

The sheer dishonesty of editing a post without including a caveat speaks ill of that person, and I will no longer post to a thread on which he has posted.

Nor will I read a thread which he has originated. I seem to be in very good company on that, judging from all the threads in which plutarch is talking to himself only.

At first I wondered why so many people appeared to be reading those threads, and then I realized that it must be plutarch himself who keeps reopening the threads to up his "click count", about which he has made at least two boasts in recent days. It would not surprise me to learn that he suffers from terminal callus of the clicking finger.

Actually, in thinking about it, I question whether I shall continue to participate here. There is great potential, but plutarch's evils have poisoned this venue perhaps beyond resuscitation.

Sadly,

Curly

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Curly, the one-in-many in question professes not to read this forum. Maybe it would be a good idea if you would repeat your post in one of the forums he/they do(es) read. Don't go away (edit: as so many others have done), just because of one troll. Or at least, stay in touch with me, please!

#146002 08/05/05 01:29 PM
T
stranger
stranger
T
In reply to:

I question whether I shall continue to participate here.

I'm in agreement with you, CPat. I'm leaving before I ever really got started. I guess I'm just not all that much of a Contrarian.

the Contrarian

the Contrarian
#146003 08/05/05 01:35 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
or send a email to Anu.. let him know how Plutarch's behavior effects you, and your willingness to particapate here.

give specific examples, Churl, note your discomfort with the edit, or note his many 'ploys' (power posting --comment after comment) or hijacking (to spew forth on his personal "idea's) or MacGruffins'--post that look like they might be about words, that posters attempt to make about words, but the HE uses to just go on about 'the media cult' or other "issues' he has.

Make it clear, Plutarch is a disruptive influence and treats every one (not simple the "cabal of carpel's") rudely.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,339
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 756 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,545
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,917
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith