Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
milum Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
M
___\/__ HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ALL AWADERS ! __\/__

A year ago, September The Third Two thousand Ought One, a man of modesty and near perfect manners came to this board.
In time we all came to know and consider this man as "The Milum".

Congratulations Awaders, and if you like, at 7:48 08 PM CST (the time of milum's first log in.) you can turn and face the Great State of Alabama, give a brief salute, and lower your head and mumble a few words in the direction of milum. I feel sure that he would be very much obliged.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
A milum-post!

TEd
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
A real milum-stone!

"Sweet Home Alabama,
Where the skies are blue.."

--Lynyrd Skynyrd

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
a year? its seems like you have always been here! you're a natural fit! glad you're here, hope you stay for many a year!

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Full of typical humilumty.

W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
In elementary school, the kids like taking people's names and assigning qualities to each letter in a name.

In celebration of milum's Sept. 3rd anniversay, what follows is along the lines of what the kids do, only with three characteristics per letter with a nod to the importance of the number 3.

To: milum

M is for Moseying, Madhatterish Man of Letters

I is for Ill-diguised, Igneous Id

L is for L ackadaisical, Learned Last laugh

U is for Unexpected, Ubiquitous Ululations

M is for M oonstruck, Magical Mythomaniac

Now note, milum: I joined on September 30th, and I think it would be very nice if you did the same with Wordwind, but with 30 characteristics per letter, you know? With a nod to the 30th.

Bloviating regards,
WordWinded

M
milum Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
M
Thank you all so much, all four of you, for your kind, carefully considered remarks. In this day and time it is a sad sad shame that I was enviornmentally reduced to soliciting your kind remarks. Tonight I feel like a ten dollar streetwalker, plying my trade to elicit the tiniest of compliments.

Earlier I was so proud to be one year pregnant with you wonderful exceptional people, but now, somehow, I feel like a two-dollar slut.

#79642 09/04/02 08:54 AM
F
veteran
veteran
F
Tonight I feel like a ten dollar streetwalker...but now, somehow, I feel like a two-dollar slut.

My dear Mr M, you were already pretty good value for money - but if you're now becoming 80% cheaper in the time it takes to write a single post, I'd like to place an advance order for a milliard milos to be delivered in a couple of days time. By then I reckon you(s) will be paying me a very considerable sum, and I can retire off the proceeds. [rubs hands gleefully]

Ah, onliest thing is I'd need to support all those milos in the manner to which they're accustomed. Everybody would know on which continent the milotitude was located, as that continent would start sinking into the sea at an alarming rate. It would therefore be impossible for me to keep my purchase quiet and at some point evade my responsibilities.
No country would welcome me & my milos, so I would have to spend all my ill-gotten gains terraforming another planet and purchasing overpriced second-hand rockets to take us there.

Curses. Foiled again.

#79643 09/04/02 01:25 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
We give no quarter!

TEd
#79644 09/04/02 01:33 PM
W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Hey, milum. If'n you think you're a two-dollar slut, then mebbe Faldage will lend you his red dress and feather boa! He's got fishnet stockin's, too.

Do you like sequins? Maybe you and Faldage can form a team, you know? You take the high road and he'll take the low road.... By the way, how's your balance on stilettos?

Broad regards,
WordWise

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,344
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 782 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,546
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,918
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith