W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W

P
stranger
stranger
P
When I can decipher your subterfuge and figure out what exactly your rambling amounts to, I'll have a better idea of what is diverting. In the meantime, I guess I'll compile a list of all the threads YOU have "DIVERTED" from. You seem to think it's quite acceptable to go rushing in to interrupt any thread you choose, at whim, to champion your pathetic cause - relevant or not. I'd expect though that you WON'T answer my question - either of them. It's all the rest of us who are answerable to you, apparently, while you clutter the board with reposts.

are there proper civilized means to conduct discussion even if one believes (rightly or wrongly), as does equalizer, that one's opponent is in the wrong?

Sure. I guess if one is incapable of listening to others, if one is incapable of an original thought, then the proper way to discuss is to post nonsequiturs and quotes and other such nonsense. Or one could just wave words like "lawsuit" around. That's proper. Decent, too?????

In the meantime, it appears you've set yourself up as the chief authority on "decency". When I recover from choking with laughter, I'll start compiling my list.

K
Keiva Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
K
WordWind, I've written out response to you, Still, I notice that your post says nothing about this thread's orignal subject (equalizer's behavior), and so to avoid hijacking this thread I'm not posting my answer here -- instead, I'll PM it to you or post it in a separate thread; whichever you wish. Let me know.

R
stranger
stranger
R
on behavioral analysis

"We shall want to consider the way in which several variables, combining at a given time, contribute strength to a given response. In so doing we may appear to be going well beyond a frequency interpretation of probability, yet our evidence for the contribution of each variable is based upon observations of frequencies alone."

--B. F. Skinner, Verbal Behavior, p. 28.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I suggest that decent human beings simply do not speak that way, regardless of provocation.

I suggest that all men are created decent and provocation is the only thing that changes it.

Edit - I post reply to "pissandmoan" as I, too, will be chuckling... and I, too, know there are many questions unanswered.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
and here folks, its the classic keiva double standard.trick 2
WordWind, I've written out response to you, Still, I notice that your post says nothing about this thread's orignal subject (equalizer's behavior), and so to avoid hijacking this thread I'm not posting my answer here -- instead, I'll PM it to you or post it in a separate thread; whichever you wish. Let me know.

Yes, he is hurt... so hurt.... but he is not going to hijack this thread to respond to WW comments, he'll bring it else where, because this thread is his thread to complain about equalizer, and he wants to control it.. but of course word winds post is about this thread, and "taking it else where" is just another way to say "sleep on it". clearly keiva, WW wish is that you never post here again, not that you start yet another thread to complain "no body will do as i say!", "no body will listen to me!" that is trick 4 the twist, where keiva says "yes, i know you don't want to discuss it, yes, i know you don't want me to post, but i have to post to defend my self, so should i start a new thread? please, tell me to start a new thread, then i can say i was invited to post a thread.. come on lets twist, again, twistin' time is here!

you see, i don't need to back and look for keiva's nastiness, its right here, right now..

here is an idea ken, go look in Q & A about Words, at all your 'threads'. the ones hardly got looked at... let alone responded to, not many want to respond to anything you post.. and lets not forget, AphonicRants was posting before keiva was banned.. so when we hear a greek chorus of support chiming in for you effort, don't think any one will fall for it. you might get your she sheep, ewein to make some bleeting noises, but i don't think she hold much credibility.. (remember, "i have made my last post" followed by,"i might look in, time to time, and comment on thing of interest to me..." ) its to baaad, but she can't be trusted!

you still have a few tricks you haven't tried..maybe your ewein has got a little sick lamb she can lament about... and how terrible it is, to be so up set, with a sick child.. yeah, you still haven't pulled out trick 7 yet.

#72866 06/14/02 10:17 PM
S
journeyman
journeyman
S

The Lone Haranguer
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
snoot a vote is a great idea, but, we've had votes, and keiva has lost, and all he does is demand a recount, and play trick 3 you know, "i'll hold out till the majority voice their opinion" and when we do, he compains we have picked on him..and he start to rant, and complain, and find fault all over again.

but even if the 35 to 40 or so regulars vote keiva goes, well, keiva will just point out there are over 3000 registered users, and until all of them vote, it won't be over.. and how many are kieva sock puppets? he will most certainly object to your vote and to equalizers, but the she sheep, ewein, he'll demand that her vote count, and i suspect he'd want to also include keivacarpal's vote, and AphonicRants, and the other socks to get a vote.. real top drawer stuff!(isn't that were everybody keep their socks? top drawer?)

but that this kind of a vote is an old chicago tradition isn't it? Vote Early, and Vote Often!
the only reason Keiva hasn't voted yet, is he is too busy setting up new accounts, all the better to stuff the ballots!

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
Anu must be sad.

E
E
Wow, Kenny. You've made me famous!!! But aren't you going to deny any of the things I've written above? No? Then they must all be true, mustn't they? They can't all be but you leave me with no room for doubt.

So you really are a psychotic, demented, paranoid frustrated old man with no life and no personality or charisma. How sad you are. I really feel sorry for you - or maybe I don't because you are a bitter and twisted, cruel man and a bad man at that. And what happens to bad men? They get punished, Kenny, and you will be punished. You think you can get away with things here that you would be severely punished for in the 'real' world but you won't. Bad men always get their come-uppance and the time is ripe for you to get yours.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,368
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 715 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,561
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,919
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith