Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Thank you silky, I had some trouble my self with the idea of a single person appointing a moderator, of their choosing, i thought of the old line from one of the English royalty, that warned it's a bad thing to give Parlament the power to Make Kings, for then they also have the power to unmake kings..and when WordWind demured, she wasn't really listened to, publicly, so i wondered how effective she would be privately.

Likewise, there have been some very nasty email, and harranging activities via email (and months ago, i admit, i made that mistake once or twice, and have worked hard to reform.)

and finally, of course, there is in fact, an administrator, tho, she is powerless to take action (still) and even her appeals for volluntery actions have gone ignored-- So how some one else can accomplish what Jackie has clearly been unable to do, is beyond me.

(so much so, i had trouble articulating it.)

W
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
W
Hey, listen guys. I never said I wanted to be an administrator at all. And I don't want to be an administrator. We need to govern ourselves. The only thing I said I'd do was send Keiva a PM when he crossed the line, but I can't do that either. I've done what I can, and, until a new idea hits me--and it probably won't because I feel pretty dry here--I'm just going to hope that things will get better, plain and simple.

No, I don't see any need for anyone to administrate. I do see a hope for each of us to take care of ourselves. I know I, for one, have my hands full here in doing so.

Best regards,
Theresa

#72193 06/10/02 07:56 PM
S
S

#72194 06/10/02 08:36 PM
W
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
W

W
Carpal Tunnel
Online Content
Carpal Tunnel
W
...were you to call me "Your Royal Highness" or "Your Majesty," I might change my mind! ...and I am really kidding!

Don't laugh - isn't that the kind of thing where tsuwm got his nom from? :-)

A
addict
addict
A
NOW....Wait a minute here!

wow is our High Priestess

and wordwind wants to be "Your Royal Highness" or "Your Majesty"

I didn't know I was amid royalty! What a wonderful place this is!

And wofahulicodoc, can you tell me where tsuwm got his nom from?

The Angelic one Oooooooo! I like that!

#72197 06/10/02 11:49 PM
W
Carpal Tunnel
Online Content
Carpal Tunnel
W
...can you tell me where twuwm got his nom?

it's explained in
http://wordsmith.org/board/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=miscellany&Number=500
and goes something like this:

"...as to tsuwm, it comes from my webpage (see profile). I was once simply wm (wwftd master), but the day the wwftd was atman I became the supreme universal Wwftd Master!
(tsuwm is also a Hebrew word meaning to fast)"

(Wwftd stands for "Worthless word for the day", the title of his webpage.)

Maybe the next question should be, What is "atman"?

#72198 06/11/02 01:11 AM
R
R
Speaking of administration - have y'all seen this?

SCIENTISTS DISCOVER NEW ELEMENT!

University physicists have recently discovered the heaviest element known to science. The element, tentatively named Administratium, has no protons or electrons and thus has an atomic number of 0. However, it does have one neutron, 15 assistant neutrons, 70 vice-neutrons, and 161 assistant vice-neutrons. This gives it an atomic mess (sic) of 247. These 247 particles are held together in the nucleus by a force that involves the continuous exchange of meson-like particles called morons. Since it has no electrons, Administratium is inert. However, it can be detected chemically as it impedes every reaction with which it comes in contact. According to the discoverers, a minute amount of Administratium added to one reaction caused it to take over four days to complete. Without the Administratium the reaction occurred in less than one second.
Administratium has a normal half-life of approximately three years, at which time it does not actually decay, but instead undergoes a reorganization in which assistant neutrons, vice neutrons, and assistant vice neutrons exchange places. Studies seem to show the atomic number actually increasing after each reorganization.
Research indicates that Administratium occurs naturally in the atmosphere. It tends to concentrate in certain locations such as government agencies, large corporations, and universities. It can usually be found in the newest, best appointed, and best maintained buildings.
Scientists warn that Administratium is known to be toxic, and recommend plenty of fluids and bed rest after even low levels of exposure.

#72199 06/12/02 06:19 PM
S
S

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,331
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
2 members (A C Bowden, wofahulicodoc), 1,258 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,542
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith