Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#161913 09/04/06 03:26 PM
E
addict
OP Offline
addict
E
...who got the most votes (4), despite Faldage's scepticism about scorps. Congrats to Faldage, milo and Fr. Steve, who caught the real definition.

a)The finely ground particulate added to natural gas to give it a recognizable odor.(musick, voted for by consuelo)

b)small curved blade for hollowing out the bowls of carved spoons (similar to scorp, used for carving chair seats, but smaller.)(TEd, voted for by Aramis, wofa, max, etaoin)

c)the name of an old magazine, since replaced by New Sweek. (ALso TEd, voted for by - ta-da - nobody..)

d)Chastity. cf swaik (Max, voted for by Alex, TEd)

e)sweek: us gang slang, to get lunch money from others by intimidation. Ex: song by rapper Q-bop-a-gurula - sweek the geek and drop the dime, toby bitch. (themilum, voted for by musick, bingley)

f) the moving stick in a bird trap (Oxford English Dictionary, voted for by Faldage, milo, Father Steve)

g)(onomatopoeia) the sound of certain species of bat whose cry is audible to humans. (Bingley, voted for by tsuwm)

#161914 09/04/06 04:59 PM
T
veteran
veteran
T
From CONSUE'S OFFICIAL RULES OF STANDARD HOGWASH

1. [points are] given to each player for every vote (or guess) his phony definition receives.
2. points are awarded to each player who chooses the true meaning.

The "tsuwm precedent" established that TWO points are awarded to those who guess the correct definition, and only ONE point is awarded for fooling each gullible voter.

Do the math

teD - four votes
Milo - five votes

I hereby declare myself the winner!

W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Quote:

1. [points are] given to each player for every vote (or guess) his phony definition receives.

The "tsuwm precedent" established that TWO points are awarded to those who guess the correct definition, and only ONE point is awarded for fooling each gullible voter.

Do the math

teD - four votes
Milo - five votes

I hereby declare myself the winner!

"It's a nice point. I don't know that I've ever met it before...[The] difficulty is that at present there's no evidence before the Court that chorused Nature has interested herself in the matter..."

-- Iolanthe,, Act 1

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Milo:

YOU do the math. I don't see how you come up with one plus one plus two equaling five.

TEd
T
veteran
veteran
T
Quote:

Milo:

YOU do the math. I don't see how you come up with one plus one plus two equaling five.

Sometimes you get caught and sometimes you don't. You don't blame a girl for trying, do you? Isn't lying integral to the honored game of Hogwash.

I must say that it is an honor to stand beside a hogwasher of your particular bent. A toast to me and a tip of the hat to you, congratulations to the both of us.

T
veteran
veteran
T
Quote:

"It's a nice point. I don't know that I've ever met it before...[The] difficulty is that at present there's no evidence before the Court that chorused Nature has interested herself in the matter..."

-- Iolanthe,, Act 1

Sure thing, wofahulicodoc, that's easy for you and chorused Nature to say, you two have won many awards and contests thoughout your lives. I've won one - a case of HiC Orange Aid on the Happy Hal Burns radio show because I was dressed as the best cowboy. I was six.
This is my moment. My chance to be an American Hogwash Idol.

Please don't muck up this moment with particulars.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
say milum, have you nothing to say about the Fix being in, this time?! <<rhetorical interrobang symbol

T
veteran
veteran
T
Quote:

say milum, have you nothing to say about the Fix being in, this time?! <<rhetorical interrobang symbol

Of course not, joe, who would cheat to fix a Hogwash game that led to me being declared the winner? Not me, I don't cheat, and although I can't speak for TEd who came in second, he doesn't either&! <<retorical indignant symbol

#161921 09/06/06 11:06 AM
E
addict
OP Offline
addict
E
Quote:

"They're not so much rules as guidelines"
Mustrum Ridcully

#161922 09/06/06 04:06 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Quote:

Quote:

"They're not so much rules as guidelines"
Mustrum Ridcully

The "tsuwm precedent" was abandoned lo these many [AND IT SHOULD BE NOTED, IS NOT PART OF THE POSTED OFFICIALESE] -- that's why the rulz was amended to [points are] instead of stating specifically the numbers. (edited for emPHAsis)
-ron o.

Last edited by tsuwm; 09/06/06 04:10 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,338
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 651 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
wofahulicodoc 10,544
tsuwm 10,542
LukeJavan8 9,917
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith