About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Quote:

I'm not sure I've ever met anyone more capable of understanding that separation.

Agreed. And I'm sure he lives with it easily, too.

#155830 02/18/06 11:33 PM
T
veteran
veteran
T
Quote:

This is a board about words and language, not politics and religion. As before, I would be happy to direct you to boards about politics and religions, Milo.

And of course, Betsy, I would be more than happy to direct you to a place where you could be happy but you being happy would make me unhappy so I won't.

#155831 02/19/06 01:22 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Sheesh.

TEd
#155832 02/19/06 04:51 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Dale, have you noted--this board is at wordsmith DOT org?

Anu needs some support to keep it going, (and has low key ads) but its largely a commercial free space.

we (oops, me, myself, i) like that.. so i (and a whole bunch of other people) tend not to post links to commerical sites (ok, so dictionaries sites are exceptions) if some one has an interest in something, (like say a rice cooker)
and someone else has a suggestion.. its likely to be done by PM--we--oops, there i go again being imperial!--don't often post links to stores, or suppliers, or other commercail sites.

Its not carved in stone (there are exceptions) but its sort of general rule.. (man oh man, i must be tired, we don't have no stinkin rules..)

well that the idea anyway.. (but being human, i am sure i have made a mistake or two... and posted something inappropriate once in a while.. and.. well..

#155833 02/19/06 10:05 AM
T
veteran
veteran
T
Quote:

(but being human, i am sure i have made a mistake or two... and posted something inappropriate once in a while.. and.. well..

Now Helen, you are being much too apologetic.
The only times I've ever noticed that you have posted something inappropriate are the times that you have haughtily presumed your right to use the imperial "I".

But in your case and to your credit you use the imperial "I" in the lower case and i think that that habit is most endearing.

#155834 02/19/06 01:22 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Quote:

Quote:

This is a board about words and language, not politics and religion. As before, I would be happy to direct you to boards about politics and religions, Milo.

And of course, Betsy, I would be more than happy to direct you to a place where you could be happy but you being happy would make me unhappy so I won't.

I'm sure this is not a reflection on your esteem for the lovely AnnaS and is merely based on your knowledge that making her happy would contribute to making me happy, a consequence which I am sure would lead to your greater unhappiness.

It would make me happy if you were to disabuse me of this notion.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Make someone happy,
Make just one someone happy;
Make just one heart the heart you sing to.
One smile that cheers you,
One face that lights when it nears you,
One girl you're ev'rything to.

Fame if you win it,
Comes and goes in a minute.
Where's the real stuff in life to cling to?
Love is the answer,
Someone to love is the answer.
Once you've found her, build your world around her.

Make someone happy,
Make just one someone happy,
And you will be happy, too.

I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
Ja, wer auch nur eine seele
sein nennt auf dem Erdenrund
und wer's nie gegkonnt der stellet
weinend sich aus diesem Bund

#155837 02/19/06 04:39 PM
D
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
D
Quote:

Dale, have you noted--this board is at wordsmith DOT org?

*******Yes I am aware of the dot. But why--did I address it wrong somewhere

Anu needs some support to keep it going, (and has low key ads) but its largely a commercial free space.

*******Forgive an old, un-hip non-geek, but is a commercial free space a space for free commercials or a space free of commercials; and to what space do you have reference, and in what way does this space relate to my followups; or in fact does it

we (oops, me, myself, i) like that.. so i (and a whole bunch of other people) tend not to post links to commercial sites (ok, so dictionaries sites are exceptions) if some one has an interest in something, (like say a rice cooker)
and someone else has a suggestion.. its likely to be done by PM--we--oops, there i go again being imperial!--don't often post links to stores, or suppliers, or other commercial sites.

*******It appears you're suggesting that somehow somewhere I must have made reference to a site having a commercial basis, and that you and Peter are suggesting that such comments be transmitted by PM. Where is this comment or link, and in what way does it seem commercial

********Is it in this thread or another--by chance, does it have to do with tapioca

Its not carved in stone (there are exceptions) but its sort of general rule.. (man oh man, i must be tired, we don't have no stinkin rules..)

well that the idea anyway.. (but being human, i am sure i have made a mistake or two... and posted something inappropriate once in a while.. and.. well..

*****I am sure that I too have made a mistake of some sort somewhere, and that all of this constitutes an effort to call it to my attention. If so and I said something inappropriate I apologize profusely but I hope you will satisfy my abysmal ignorance, as demonstrated above, in order that I may not repeat the transgression

Last edited by dalehileman; 02/19/06 04:58 PM.

dalehileman
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Quote:

Make someone happy,

make someone else unhappy.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 674 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith