Ok, sue, you're asking for help with English, so I'm going to give you a little more than you asked for, if you don't mind. Well..I remember that my English teacher pointed out a misteken from my composition: "Such bill wouldn't be greeted with applause as it's foreseeably devastating to the populace"

my teacher said devastating should be used to describe some physical or body detriment

should be
Well..I remember that my English teacher pointed out a mistake from my composition: "Such a bill wouldn't be greeted with applause as it's foreseeably devastating to the populace"

my teacher said devastating should be used to describe some physical or bodily detriment

Mistake is the noun; mistaken is the adjective (I hope). He made a mistake. He was mistaken. Body is the noun. Bodily is the adverb.

Devastate can be used for many things. 'Her face was devastated by the flying glass shards.' 'She (meaning her emotions) was devastated by the injury.' 'The congregation was devastated by the loss of their beloved pastor'. 'The earthquake devastated the former beauty of the mountain.'