>You've come along way, Juanita!

Oh,my. I hope that I was not that inaccurate in my thinking that "Juanita" was close to being a feminine equivalent to Johnny.
"Janey" or "Jenny" simply slipped right past me yesterday. There must be some Sheenas in the Armed Forces, too, I'd imagine, by now. I don't see many women sailors, but I do run into a few soldiers and Air Force personnel. I've seen "Juanita"
on nameplates pinned to the chests of more than a couple of them. Anyway, it's likely that a few members of the Armed Forces named Juanita will be embarking on their "great adventure" someday soon. I heard a WW2 general use that term in the March Of Time series. This "PC Gone Mad" thread got me wondering, some of it focused somewhat on pieces of music: sing-along songs, hymns, etc. I really wonder how Pete Seeger approached his decision to participate in making some song lyrics politically correct for our times. I thought about that old patriotic ditty I mentioned. Then I thought about that Ol' Woody Guthrie
and all that righteous folk singing that went on since his time. I tried to imagine a band of teenage activist Chippewas singing "This Land Is My Land." My subjectivity yesterday was absolutely uninvolved with the one called WO'N.