a) the space in between hair follicles (jackie) The Fiend, Jeepers

b) a baby armadillo

c) a leather bag used to hang gear or supplies on a horse during the US Civil war, which also converts into a backpack

d) the smooth area between the head of a bolt or screw and the threads (etaoin) Wordwind, dxb, maahey

e) referring to the habit of European women not shaving under their arms

f) a little armadillo

g) to make a rich discovery, to unearth wealth

h) poor in spirit, downtrodden; afflicted (The Falible Fiend) TEd

i) an ancient astronomical instrument for determining equinoxes and solstices by shadows cast by the sun (Webster's Third Int'l) Bingley, sjm

j) Armed Forces jargon for secret super-lightweight protective gear, named for armor and millimeter thickness (wofa) milum, musick

k) an ornamental armband or bracelet (sjm) consuelo

l) the device on a sextant or octant through which the sighting is made (Faldage) jackie

m) a secondary, ornate branch on a multi-tiered chandelier (wordwind) Faldage, ASp

n) an herb used in ancient times in purification ceremonies

o) a Spanish diminutive describing a dwarf armadillo

p) a tattoo around the upper arm signifying rank within the Olmec military priesthood (dxb) wofa

q) [regional Welsh colloquialism] one thousand, traditionally applied to livestock

r) an early attempt at e-mail technology, now obsolete

s) a small suit of armor to cover a falcon's breast; since transferred in remote parts of Cornwall to signify the dressing of a Christmas goose (ASp) etaoin, RC, bonzai

t) a young armadillo

---

irregularities.. yes, we seem to have more irregularities than votes this time.

o four equivalent and interchangeable def'ns are received.
o juan casts his ballot four ways, ¼ vote each for b, f, o and t; but wait, one of those was an 'own vote', so that makes 1/3 vote for each--I have a a better idea: I'll just throw this (these?) ballot out.
o ASp and Faldage vote for the same definition.
o sjm submits a definition which comes very close to being the obsolete sense of the word, and receives a lovely attaboy PM artifact.
o Bingley and wofa both submit a definition based on armillary sphere, which as far as I can determine is exactly the same thing as an armil.
o Bingley and sjm each scope out the True Meaning (although wofa also knew it, see above).
o ASp and etaoin each collect three(3) votes, respectively.
o milum... well, none of milum's actions could possibly be construed as irregular; never mind.
o given all this, the hogmaster® throws up his arms into the air and his lunch onto the ground and refuses to do any formal scoring.

happy holidays