Loads of unfounded assumptions being made here, folks.

I'd say these following statements in the link provided by soojin qualify as unjustified and unfounded assumptions.

>We were furious about killers who call it simply an accident.

We are furious about we ourselves who are unable to do anything to the killers.<

>"The two girls who lost their lives by the US Army--
US Army court in Korea pronounced the two killers not guilty..."<

Surely you see the tone of the link if you've read it, Pfranz, and so your "perfectly reasonable" must be that dose of gasoline you like to throw on the American-bashing fire in your usual inimitible way. And I think milum's response was fair, polite, and to the point. Of course the death of any child is a horrible tragedy, especially when it's sudden and accidental, and pains me to no end. But, Cap, I can't allow you to make a lark of two young men who were involved in one such horrible accident, and consent to their being made into evil killers just because they are Americans. All the facts and reports, even in the Asian press, amply state it was an accident...that the turret scout even tried to warn the driver but it was too late. To paint these young men as evil killers just because they are American soldiers is to say the same of the son of one of our dearest friends on this board, and I can't, and won't, allow that.