No. I'm suggesting that the proposition that the cat is alive is by definition untestable and that its truth value is therefore indeterminate. This is in distinction to the proposition that "the cat observed is dead" is unambiguously true. I am not suggesting that S's cat says that "the cat is at once both alive and dead" is true.

I think Schroedinger's cat is a demonstration, by analogy, of the uncertainty principle of quantum mechanics. But although it seems to deal with the conditions of a physical fact, what it really does is propose a truth condition for a proposition, i.e., that "the cat is alive." In this, it is distinguished from the uncertainty principle which deals with actual observation of actual phenomena in terms of the definitive pairs of qualities of those phenomena: position and speed. Unlike the viability/lack of viability of the cat, however, the position and speed of an electron are not expressions of a logical argument; they are properties of a physical phenomenon. If I am right, S's cat is only meant to illustrate the uncertainty principle by means of a thought experiment that is only partially analogous to it.