|
|
#86696
11/11/2002 7:51 PM
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 13,858
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 13,858 |
noisette n. a small, rounded piece of meat
cf. nugget?
|
|
|
#86697
11/14/2002 1:16 AM
|
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 6,296
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 6,296 |
What's the difference between a noisette and a medallion?
|
|
|
#86698
11/14/2002 1:19 AM
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 13,858
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 13,858 |
I think Noisette is a little nut sized portion, a nugget of meat.
|
|
|
#86699
11/14/2002 1:25 AM
|
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 6,296
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 6,296 |
So, carrots, potatoes, onions with noisettes of beef in sauce would be beef stew? Or, to frenchify it:
Les carrots, potates, et onions avec noisettes de beoufe = beef stew, n'est-ce pas?
(And I know I've screwed up that French! Both spelling and accents. Bill, please correct it!)
|
|
|
#86700
11/14/2002 1:51 AM
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 13,858
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 13,858 |
Better get belMarduk to correct your French. I can fake it, but that's about it.
|
|
|
#86701
11/14/2002 1:52 AM
|
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 6,296
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 6,296 |
I'd just like to toss around the phrase "noisettes de boeuf" here and there. It sure sounds delectable!
|
|
|
|
Forums16
Topics13,917
Posts230,573
Members9,211
| |
Most Online17,319 Apr 8th, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|