This is a spin off the “is it just me” thread. Well, my pet peeve is women in science

Bean: So you see, about 25% of new physics graduates are women, with these rough statistics. The "old guard" was closer to 10%. So in 20-30 years, when these women have had a chance to make groundbreaking discoveries, whose full impact on their fields will be well-known, then you will see about 25% of Nobel Prize winners will be women!

I doubt your projection of the number of graduates to Nobel Prise Winners. Unfortunately, I can not cite the original paper in Nature - it would take me a lot of time to find it, sorry, but I hope I am not imagining things that research in population genetics shows that there are just naturally more men with talent to math and physics than women.

I do not want offend anybody personally but if both of ones parents are 5 ft tall one has lower chances to play basketball in NBA. Likewise, *there are women talented in physics and math… but the number of them is lower in comparison with men.