I'm hopeless, too, Jackie.

Applications are programs hackers aren't interested in--you know, like computer games?

But something that isn't an applications is something a hacker is interested in?

And I use the term "function" all the time and am probably misusing it. For example, I think of being able to put bullets into a word processing documents as a "function." And I become really frustrated when I can't find the "function" that will let me either have all single spacing or all double spacing. Same goes for the "function" of trying to get the text to the middle and watch it creep out evenly from the middle--that seems to be a "function," too. But I don't know because I'm not sure whether these are really function.

Would I say, for instance, if I can't find the function to let me have the text go into the center, that the application has hidden the function?

Problem with trying to learn this language in teachers' workshops is we are loaded up with information, but then have no time to practice its use and apply it.

So, Jackie, I'm about as hopeless as you--but, hey, toss around the word application to, say, some kids in pre-school. Maybe they haven't become computer-savvy yet and won't notice whether you've misused it.

Bytes regards whatever that means,
WW