I never read the FAQ page on anything because I can't understand the computer talk I usually find there.

I didn't even find this bulletin board for AWAD till over two years after I'd been receiving Anu's definitions.

As soon as I see terms like HTML, my eyes glaze over.

I know this aversion to computer codes, no matter how simple, is hard for most computer people to understand, but for us basic word processors--really typewriter-turned-computer-keyboard-punchers--terror is what we experience here.

Why, you computer people might ask? Why this terror? Well, take the teacher at one of our county schools who was learning "computer" a few years back. She became bold in learning how to dump objects off her desktop, and she dumped the entire hard drive into her trashcan. No joke. This was on an old Apple computer, but she sure as heck trashed the whole hard drive.

And that's just one example. As soon as one of us basic typists, untrained in computer magic, begins screwing around with keyboard functions, we get ourselves into trouble. We become code-shy because of the terrible things we have wrought on our computers.

However, my hat is off to AWAD. The things you all have taught me today have made a lot of other things clearer--and, yes, tsuwm, I read the entire FAQ page tonight and understood all of it. Progress is possible.

Best regards,
WW