Minge (v. t.) To mingle; to mix.

Minge (n.) A small biting fly; a midge.

Minging (p. pr. & vb. n.) p. pr. & vb. n.
1. of Mince

Mince \Mince\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Minced; p. pr. & vb. n. Minging.] [AS. minsian to grow less, dwindle, fr. min small; akin to G. minder less, Goth. minniza less, mins less, adv., L. minor, adj. (cf. Minor); or more likely fr. F. mincer to mince, prob. from (assumed) LL. minutiare. ????. See Minish.] 1. To cut into very small pieces; to chop fine; to hash; as, to mince meat. --Bacon.

2. To suppress or weaken the force of; to extenuate; to palliate; to tell by degrees, instead of directly and frankly; to clip, as words or expressions; to utter half and keep back half of.

I know no ways to mince it in love, but directly to say -- ``I love you.'' --Shak.

Siren, now mince the sin, And mollify damnation with a phrase. --Dryden.

If, to mince his meaning, I had either omitted some part of what he said, or taken from the strength of his expression, I certainly had wronged him. --Dryden.

3. To affect; to make a parade of. [R.] --Shak.

http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=minging

From the above citations, I would gather that minging and mincing had once been closely related. But minging in the above in the sense of "to mince" is also obsolete.

Would someone please comment on the third definition above: to affect .... immediately followed by the cryptic "to make a parade of"?

Oh, and for the record, in OneLookdictionary, only three references included minging--that's three out of over 700.