If it's the one I mentioned, I hope you have plenty of fun there.

My nick over there is "elbillaf" and hopefully we'll meet there in real time in the near future.

These are great games for expanding vocabulary - probably super boggle moreso than regular boggle, though I enjoy both games for sheer fun. I'm really surprised when I play with my kids to discover that they know words that I wasn't expecting them to know - like 'wary' and 'remit'. These two came up last night when I was doing crosswords with the kids. I wasn't so surprised that she had heard of them so much as that she read the definitions and immediately knew the words. (It's become our nightly passion instead of reading to each other to play games.) Okay, so crosswords are among the many word games I love and at which I suck, so maybe I'm overly impressed.

Still, I think the combination of activities: talking with the kids regularly, reading to them, playing various smart games with them, etc. has had a cumulative beneficial effect on their vocabularies. I'm kinda excited now about the prospect of teaching my oldest how to do cryptograms.

People set different standards as you'll discover (in scrabble as well as in boggle). For example, the words "em" and "en" mentioned in the subwords thread in the other group are very commonly played in scrabble, and "cwm" and "airn" and "airt" are often played in boggle - very, very often by people who don't know or care about the meanings. I think that the love of words and language is so deep among the better players, though, that most of them (the high red fellows) know most of the words they play. I note that the two dictionaries which the different programs resort do not always agree about what is a word.

k