Dear Mr. Garg,
Keiva (aka Kenneth Spector, Aphonic Rants, and KeivaCarpal, and et. al.) publicly displayed his full legal name for many months in his profile. (yes, i am aware he does not do so now, but he did for many months.) He made the information public of his own accord.

I have the right to free speech. Keiva(and his alias's) had no hesitation using my name in posts, after i made it clear to him that i was no longer interesting in any thing he had to say.. by doing so, he was created an impression the we were still friends, and on a first name basis.

I see no reason why I, or anyone else can't use his name in posts.. unless of course, he is now threatening everyone who types his name? If he is, well, the worst has come, I too am being threatened by this man. I too have my name in my profile. In a kind of naive openness on my part, my name is available in my profile. To save him the effort, let me say, Of Troy is also known as Helen Griffin.

I think it would be a very interesting case.. a civil case naming me, for an actionable use of his name? In a public? or at the very least, semi public forum, where he once openly posted his name?

It doesn't sound like he has a case.. but, whether he does or doesn't, if he filed it in the Illinois courts, it would be very expensive for me to deal with, wouldn't it? And i might lose, not on an merit, but simply because I might not be able to afford to mount a defense from 5 states away (Rt 80, most direct land route from NY to Chicago, NY, NJ, PA, OH, IN, IL). Situated, in Chicago, it would be very easy for him to peruse the case rigorously, and last minute delays would have a negligible impact on his ability to conduct his business, but would have a major impact on my life; and as an a person with a good deal of knowledge of the law, he would have a second advantage.

So threatening a law suit, even if if is with out merit, it threatening my livelyhood-- it is a very real threat.

helen (of troy)