i was looking for something, and stumbled across quoin -- the fancy stone corner pieces in a building. related to groin. (both the part of the body, and the sea wall to prevent shifting sands..)
and a varient of Coin.. (as in money) Bartleby's bring the word back to the latin
coin
ETYMOLOGY: Middle English, from Old French, die for stamping coins, wedge, from Latin cuneus, wedge.

but my Websters at home hints at an even older linage.. an IE root of *KU-- pointed..

any one have a better dictionary? i am already amazed..

coin is all over the board for meanings.. and groin and quoin are first cousins.. what other words can we find on the family tree?

NOUN: 1. A small piece of metal, usually flat and circular, authorized by a government for use as money. 2. Metal money considered as a whole. 3. A flat circular piece or object felt to resemble metal money: a pizza topped with coins of pepperoni. 4. Architecture A corner or cornerstone. 5. A mode of expression considered standard: Two-word verbs are valid linguistic coin in the 20th century.
TRANSITIVE VERB: Inflected forms: coined, coin·ing, coins
1. To make (pieces of money) from metal; mint or strike: coined silver dollars. 2. To make pieces of money from (metal): coin gold. 3. To devise (a new word or phrase).
ADJECTIVE: Requiring one or more pieces of metal money for operation: a coin washing machine.
IDIOM: the other side of the coin One of two differing or opposing views or sides.