I don't even play guitar (bass, yes), but I love how the names of the major parts also have other, non-musical meanings: body, neck, headstock, nut, bridge, pots.

Plus I love that there are words for every single part of the guitar, so you never have to say "Oh, the thingie that holds the little bits is broken": tuning pegs, machine heads, fretboard, frets, truss rod, pickups, jack, whammy bar (tremolo bar), pickguard, capo (OK, not strictly part of the guitar).

Maybe someone can help - what is the name of the "thingies" where you attach your strap on a guitar (at the bottom, and on one of the horns)? There are locking versions of them to keep the guitar/bass from jumping out of your hands when the strap wriggles its way off. My husband and I have been having this discussion for months with no positive outcome.

Also, my husband works in a guitar factory. I like to tell him, when he's frustrated with work, "not to fret" , and point out that the guitars pass through two European countries in production: "Finnish [sic] sanding" and "Polish-ing". Har-de-har-har.