I think it affects different people in different ways. I would say that I had a childlike wonder and I did many things and could concentrate better on specifics. When driving stoned I was always very aware of the road and the other traffic and, if I glanced at the speedometer, I was always doing right on the speed limit. I never got distracted by the spider hanging from the rear view mirror.

I also remember reading an article in Psycho Today about short term memory loss while stoned. I was making dinner at the time and would occasionally get up to tend to the cooking. I always found my place in the article when I came back to it. I attributed that to watching commercial TV shows abnd picking the plot back up after the rush of the commercial break.

The joy and excitement came from what I did while stoned, not the experience of being stoned itself. It was easier for me to get into something that could give me joy and excitement. You just have to get passed the point of just grooving on the lines in your hands.