Recently I've been hearing more of two theatrical effects that have been used so often that there must be a name for them. (Directors love stealing ideas from each other, so I'm fairly certain these effects have been named by now. Please don't ask me where I've been for the last 30 years...)

Effect #1: In film or theatre, when an object falls, is blown in two, lands on the floor, pavement, top of someone's head, there is a sound effect added that is reverberating, deep, and often unlike the natural sound of whatever has fallen or made impact with something else. Or, say someone sweeps the tip of a shoe across the floor...sound effects would be added to electrify and intensify that sound--anything from the sound of a rocket taking off to, say, an amplified ripping sound. (I think rips are often doctored up this way.) Amplification, timbre-manipulation, and surprise, I guess, would be the sound tech's intent here. But what's the name for this kind of manipulation with sound? (This goes beyond just a sound effect--this is sound effect taken to a sensational, often fantastic level. It can get on your nerves if overdone and it's rarely underdone.)

Effect #2: This one I didn't like the first time, did like a little the second; but now I just want to say, "Oh, shut up!" It's when you take a group of lines that the director has some personal affection for. You hear one actor, for example, begin the line:

"To be!"

Another picks it up, "To be!" And then a third: "To be..." Each actor delivering the words slightly differently. Then, say, a group says, "Or not to be." A fourth group, on a mountaintop or coming down the aisles, says, "That is!" And then someone else enters stage left, "That is..." The first three speakers say, "That is..." And then maybe the whole group says, "The question..." And each exits one at a time saying and fading, "The question....." ...except Hamlet, who draws his foot in imaginary soil, seemingly causing effect #1, and therewith completes the soliloquy.

What is this layering, repetitive use of monologue and/or dialogue called? It's used in TV commercials and I can't stand it.