Seconded. I think I had the worst feed of fish and chips I've ever had from the Dannevirke Fish Supply. Bulls is crap, too. Westies are the Kiwi version of Rednecks. -Capital Kiwi

Boy, Cap, and I thought it was the "Burms" from Birmingham that you were mad at. Boy-hidie, give you a bad feed of fish and chips and you are ready blow up the place with volcanos. And like you said..."Bulls is crap, too."

Well, try as I may, I can't generate much hatred for the Alabama version of Westies, it'd be kinda like the Rednecks calling the Trailer-trash "[white]".

But still, my beloved kin-country folk can match faux pas to faux pas with the best of yours. and if you think that "Te Awamutu is twaddle." just read below...

Errata, Alabama

Ten years after the War Between The States the L&N RR made a preliminary map for a proposed track route connecting Birmingham with the marble quarries of Sylacauga, Alabama. The map was flawed, it showed the tracks running on the wrong side of a ridge. The mapmakers caught the error and printed ERRATA at that place on the map. At that place in the real world, cotton farmers became much pleased when they found out that they had been living in the community of Errata and began acting proud. The Railroad went along with the joke and built a coaling station there with a big sign that read Errata. The town of Errata never amounted to much, but the sign is still there and Errata still appears on state maps.

Bug Tussle, Alabama

There wasn't much in the way of entertainment for a poor dirt farmer in Blount County during Prohibition. The Free Will Baptist Church provided diversions for the ladies, but the menfolk had only Saturday afternoon gatherings at Guffey's General Store to do their bonding, as it is current to call it.
One day early last century two Giant Pincher Beetle were discovered fighting in the dirt in front of the store. These Beetles fight for territory, and they fight until one throws the other on it's back. The overturned beetle can't right itself and slowly dies. Sometimes these battles go on for hours, the Beetle battle that day went on well past supper time, well after all the white lighting was gone, and in memory, it became the highlight of the menfolk's social life for years to come.

Today the Bug Tussle Steak House serves a 24 ounce steak. If you can eat all of it you don't have to pay.

City of Tarrant City City

New York City is so named so it could be easily distinguished from New York State. There is no state named Tarrant.
For whatever obscure and inane legal reason the State of Alabama township incorporation papers, incorporate the cities name in this manner...
The city of__________________city.
Insert Tarrant City into the blank and the presumptuous town is incorporated today as above.

Last year Tarrant City changed it's name to just plain Tarrant.