fountain pens-- real fountain pen, not like my Waterman that uses cartridges, are becoming collectors items. and cursive writing, (script) is also falling by the way side.. it is no longer a required part of the curriculum in NYC, and many kids never really learn it.

when i was a child, we spent a half hour a day learning and practicing and were always graded on it.

i recognize 4(5?) kinds of "liquid ink pens".. 1 Dip pens, (which are dipped into an ink well) 2 fountain pens, with a "fountain" mechanism to fill them from inks wells, 3 cartridge pens, similar to fountain pens, but filled with cartridges, 4 liquid ink roller balls, (ie, Uni ball, pilot V ball or V7,) or 5 gel writers. (Oh I forgot, dispossable fountain pens.)
i am not sure if gel writers are different enough to be a seperate category.

there are also ball point pens--click to expose point, (with a sticky type ink) and "sticks" (ie a bic stick). felt tip pens, (flair or sharpies). Brush type markers, both water based and permenent ink.

Ink can be india type-- which is thicker, and more opaque, or liquid ink, (waterman, or other brands) and clear liquid "paint". the last type can be used to color caligraphy illuminations. It can be purchased or bought. (many kinds of plant material can be mashed in pure alcohol to create these kinds of inks. an opal blue comes from pink and blue batchelor buttons flowers, in alcohol base; golden yellow, from onion skins.)

but i have never made old fashioned black ink (iron and gaul in acid).