Have spent the day tracking down accommodations in the East Lansing area...if you plan to stay in a hotel or motel instead of at Sprteye's house, please be aware of the following :
From local Yellow Pages : Sparteye sent me:
The Colonial Motel; 1505 South Main Eaton Rapids MI, phone 1-517-663-9813 Take all major cards. Some kitchenettes, AC etc. They do NOT take reservations more than a month in advance. I spoke directly by phone to Colonial Inn deskman and he actually laughed when I asked for June 2002 reservations!
Given what comes next I would call in April 2002 and insist!

Another suggestion from Sparteye is the very elegant English Inn see http://www.EnglishInn.com The phone is
1-517-663-2500 and you can contact them online ... HOWEVER rooms available ONLY June 21 and 22 The Inn is completely booked by one party on June Sun. 23rd and Mon. 24th.
The Marriot Residence Inn in East Lansing completely booked. This hotel takes dogs so AAA tried there and even called direct -- no joy.
Apparently there is some big thing happening in area that weekend.
Suggest you contact your area AAA for info and bookings.
By the way you do NOT have to be a AAA member to book air travelthrough them, and if you book air tickets thru them they are good about helping with hotels. I know, as I managed an AAA office in long ago.
More as it comes in.