So we've heard the American view on orientated ... don't get me started on Americanisms! However, no-one from the British side of the pond has piped up yet. I wait with bated breath for their comments.

Well KC, it seems that the mighty maverick has turned his nose up at your bait - maybe he doesn't consider himself a native of these sundry isles ?? Anyhows, seems a shame to waste good bait. So on behalf of 1 of 60 million:

Both used, if anything the ugly duckling more so, but not in formal&/written English.
My Collins frowns not uncertainly:
Careful users will avoid the use of orient**ed as a redundant back formation of orientation, since orient has the same range of meanings. Nevertheless, there can be no doubt that either form is acceptable. The excessive use of orientation and orient (or orient**ed) in such phrases as orientation course, profits-oriented, student-oriented is sometimes frowned on as jargon.

Interestingly, where both are used the nuances are segregated such that
orient: metaphysical/conceptual
orient***: physical/literal

It would seem that the two variants will carry on making their respective niches and the ugly duckling will transmogrify into a swan. Which raises two questions:
Will the swan breed on both sides of the pond?
Are all swans good looking?