Oh, mercy, what a revealing thread this is! Yes, I know a couple of people who have "gone invisible"--one of whom will very frequently send to me within minutes of my logging on! It's never bothered me that people will see what I'm doing. (By the way, what does "online.pl" signify, anyway? Is that Online Place? Showflat, I figure is someone looking at threads in flat mode.) It used to concern me that people would think I spend too much time here (gee, can't imagine why), so I used to be very conscientious about shutting it off when I left the computer. But now, prolly 'cause you people are so great, I don't really worry about it. For ex., I have just come back here after spending nearly an hour downstairs, and simply returned to the thread I left off at.

C.K., you reminded me of a question I've had: should I be "logging out" (off)? I always just close the window.

And yes--I have started and abandoned many stupid posts (but not all, obviously!). So: tsuwm, now you know it could have been a lot worse even than it was.

Sometimes I'll go to the Main Index when I'm ready to leave, and if I see a New icon (hi Aunt mav) I'll go to Who's Online to see if I can tell who made it. That's the only spying I do. Though sometimes if I'm feeling lonely
I'll check, and am rather despondent if there's only me!