...he's my buddy.

Just a quick reference for those who don't "thread" (I don't), that was directed at Faldage.

Now back to our story...

Inherent to the process of acquiring (ie. connecting the dots) is internalizing (quoth Jimmy Obvious), and certainly the goal when learning a different language, I think. Although there is clearly a limit to what one can keep in mind at a given moment (or would make *sense to do so anyway) which would lead me to believe that some (large) part of who we are is going to be ignored (or even unavailable) most of the time, it is the pallet in which we draw from which is irrecoverably changed. One may not choose to "paint with certain colors" ever again, but, in Jackie's terms, ignoring "C" doesn't mean you arrived back at the original "A"... close... more like an A+ (or A prime).

Although we talk about language here, we use language to communicate about it, and to stop and re-explain every context that we aren't using would become quite a hinderance: a kind of externalizing of the language process - artfully(ha,ha-tsuwm) internalizing even further under the guize of "unlearning".

Furthermore, I suspect that SM made this post tongue-firmly-in-cheek. So, you see, SM, I have foiled your little plot, hah hah haa-aah.. ...well not so firmly... and although my advocacy may travel south on occasion, there has to be at least 2.24 percent of *truth (or was that *beauty?) somewhere north in the post.