It would be redundant. In fact, it would be a pleonasm (one of my favourite words). The first time I heard the word the example given was, "surrounded on all sides."

1. Gram. and Rhet. The use of more words in a sentence than are necessary to express the meaning; redundancy of expression (either as a fault of style, or as a figure purposely used for special force or clearness); with a and pl., an instance of this, or the superfluous word or phrase itself.
1586 A. Day Eng. Secretary ii. (1625) 82 Pleonasmus, where, with words seeming superfluous, we doe increase our reasons, as thus, With these eares I heard him speake it. 1589 Puttenham Eng. Poesie iii. xxii. (Arb.) 264 The first surplusage the Greekes call Pleonasmus, I call him (too full speech) and is no great fault. 1610 Healey St. Aug. Citie of God (1620) 15 Some thinke the preposition ep¬ to be here a Pleonasme+and that rjopo| and ˇp¬rjopo| is all one. 1621 Burton Anat. Mel. Democr. to Rdr. 12, I require a favourable censure of all faults omitted, harsh compositions, pleonasms of words, tautological repetitions, &c. 1681 R. Wittie Surv. Heavens 28, I take it to be a Pleonasm, a Figure frequently used in Scripture. 1741 Warburton Div. Legat. II. 556 The genius of the Hebrew tongue, which so much delights in pleonasms. 1860 Gen. P. Thompson Audi Alt. III. cxiv. 45 What the energetic pleonasm of our ancestors denominated ‘a false lie’.