{blue]There isn't any punctuation in Asiatic languages, like Chinese, Japanese, Hindi, etc. is there? Obviously they manage. Perhaps some of our Asian experts can enlighten us.

I'll leave the Hindi to someone else!

Modern Chinese and modern Japanese both have punctuation. Classical Chinese (I don't know about classical Japanese either) didn't. This combined with miscopying, as in the Western world, to create different interpretations of the same work and keep lots of scholars busy.

Different issue, but a lot of classical Chinese poetry gains power by what to Westerners appears to be imprecision. Not knowing the subject of the verb, or whether nouns are singular or plural. 'Mountain hear person voice.' No idea how many mountains, how many people, who hears the voice. If you can forget to worry about all that you can concentrate instead on a reaction to the sound of humanity against the vastness of nature. A whole image that no single English translation can really get at.
(In case you hadn't got it, the classical poetry was a part of my course I really loved )