If you read the article you see that there are various theories.
But f.i. the word unbidan (waiting), wich reminds of abiding comes close to Old English. It was my English teacher who came up with this likeness, not my teacher Dutch.

abide
O.E. abidan, gebidan "remain, wait, delay, remain behind," from ge- completive prefix (denoting onward motion; see a- (1)) + bidan "bide, remain, wait, dwell" (see bide). Originally intransitive (with genitive of the object: we abidon his "we waited for him"); transitive sense emerged in M.E. Meaning "to put up with" (now usually negative) first recorded 1520s. The historical conjugation is abide, abode, abidden, but the modern formation is now generally weak.

Also the likeness of hagunnan (begin) to beginnan and onginnan is strong.

begin (v.)
O.E. beginnan "to begin, attempt, undertake," a rare word beside the more usual form onginnan (class III strong verb; past tense ongann, pp. ongunnen); from bi- (see be-) + W.Gmc. *ginnan, of obscure meaning and found only in compounds, perhaps "to open, open up" (cf. O.H.G. in-ginnan "to cut open, open up," also "begin, undertake"), with sense evolution from "open" to "begin." Cognates elsewhere in Germanic include O.Fris. biginna "to begin," M.Du. beghinnen, O.H.G. beginnan, Ger. beginnen, O.Fris. bijenna "to begin," Goth. duginnan.

The fragment was discovered in 1932 on the flyleaf of a manuscript that was probably made in the abbey of Rochester, Kent and is kept in Oxford. Some think it is a coastal dialect or Old Kentish (article)

Hebban related to O.E. habban "to hold, posess." ???