Originally Posted By: dal
Buff thanks, that's the way I had been doing it. However once you inadvertently misplace a [/Q....] you get an error message which upon your return to the post doesn't identify it. So unless you remember exactly which one it was, you have to delete then replace each, one at a time--there might be dozens or even scores of them--before you find the delinquent, a process that can take hours because each such check requires first deleting, then refreshing, then replacing. In the process however, you might again forget the right location for one you're replacing, requiring you to delete the entire post, return to edit the original, and start again from scratch, thank you Mac and Bill

there's another way to do this (isn't there always?)

Fal thank you most kindly for that hint but I was hoping for something easier. At my advanced age when each succeeding day becomes proportionally more valuable, I hate to spend the entire morning fielding thousands if not tens of thousands of superfluous keystrokes

what a lot of superannuated hyperbole. I made this entire post, including all my commentary text, with fewer than 200 keystrokes (and, I might add, all boasting aside, without making any errors).

Guys once more I'm grateful to all of you especially for your dauntless patience, but evidently what I had hoped for can't be easily done and since this very process of inquiry is eating up not only my time but yours, which is no doubt more valuable, let us capitulate

I'll just say, yes, it can. and if you can't guess how I did it, I'll even tell you, in 50 words or fewer.

hint: there's an icon called "Quote some text"

Last edited by tsuwm; 12/24/09 08:57 PM.